Forgotten Operators

Thread: Forgotten Operators

Forgotten Operators

In Arthur Ord-Hume's book, British Commercial Aircraft 1920-1940 there is a fascinating chapter on long-defunct aircraft operators of that period.
    Using a little imagination and a bit of AIRtistic licence I thought I would have a go at a few "what ifs" using Nigel's Avro variants as a base. I have NOT
    mastered Photoshop or Gimp, so these are all done using DXTBmp and good old MS Paint and therefore are a little rough and ready.
    I am grateful to Motormouse and Magoo for generously allowing me to (ab)use their original textures.
    The NSFK 621was inspired by a paint that the late Garry Smith did for Milton's DH-80.
    Please give me some feedback and if anyone is interested, I will upload them and a few more I'm working on

David

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 56.Avro 621 Tutor - Air Couriers Ltd.jpg   Air Dispatch Ltd.jpg   Avro 621 - NSFK.jpg   Avro 621 Tutor - Provincial Airways.jpg  

Hi,

Great
    Your work will certainly be welcome in the download storage !

Nice textures!! Go on with this good work,

hertzie.

Lovely repaints Please make them available as I think many will like them.

Cheers,
    Huub

Many thanks for the encouragement gentlemen. Based on that I'll try and put a couple together for uploading tomorrow or Monday, with more to follow.
    I think Brooklands Air Taxis is next on the list, possibly followed by one of Alan Cobham"s many enterprises.
    On reflection, I think the PWS18 might be a better candidate for the NSFK version, Poland being closer to Germany than Manchester!

David

Very enjoyable works, David.

If I may encourage you, there is never enough of this good stuff.

I find it so very interesting to see a project like this evolve from a basic line drawn mesh to a fully animated kinetic entity that goes on to generate a (virtual) life of it's own. Very cool, and often surprising, always pleasing.

Keep on creating, Sir!

James, thank you for the appreciation and encouragement. (And the use of your textures!).
    Not using the usual programmes, I was aware there would be some shortcomings, and to me they stand out a mile, but, if they are good enough to put across as a "theme" then I'm happy. The 2 packages seem to have had plenty of downloads anyway.
    I have another one just about ready, screenshot to follow, and 2 more in the pipeline.
    Thanks again for your comments
    David

Next one just about ready.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2019-sep-1-132.jpg   -2019-sep-1-135.jpg   20190901_175243.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0