My hometown still surprises me...

Thread: My hometown still surprises me...

My hometown still surprises me...

Though I was born here (Hilversum, the Netherlands, 77.000 inhabitants) almost 72 years ago, and was only away in the early 70-ties for a couple of years, there are places that I seldom visit. Not that I dislike them, but only because there's nothing that brings me there. So a rare visit to one of the outskirts struck me with embarrasment: had never thought to find THIS there: in incomplete P-51 on the roof of a building company. But it's a pity that it has to end its life there, wish I had the money to put it in a museum......

hertzie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20190705_172023.jpg   IMG_20190705_172028.jpg   IMG_20190705_172046.jpg   IMG_20190705_172048.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by hertzie View Post
    Though I was born here (Hilversum, the Netherlands, 77.000 inhabitants) almost 72 years ago, and was only away in the early 70-ties for a couple of years, there are places that I seldom visit. Not that I dislike them, but only because there's nothing that brings me there. So a rare visit to one of the outskirts struck me with embarrasment: had never thought to find THIS there: in incomplete P-51 on the roof of a building company. But it's a pity that it has to end its life there, wish I had the money to put it in a museum......

hertzie
    Looking at the pictures, I don't think that it is a real P-51. Too many things do not look right, especially the wings, the exhaust stack, the windscreen and canopy. I think this might be a replica that someone built, perhaps for advertising purposes.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Yeah, could be. As it was a Sunday, there was nobody there to ask. And at this moment I'm in France on holidays, so you'll have to be patient. But when I'm back home I'll go and ask.

hertzie.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    I think I saw that in a 'recent' edition of Verenigde vleugels magazine, but of course if you need it, you can't find it.... Pretty sure it was fake though.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Members who have read this thread: 0