I've been off the air for about two weeks or so due to RW matters, getting my son w/cancer down here for care for his condition. Just prior to taking care of that move my machine quit after being shut down overnight, losing the screen saver and then the desktop display froze on the monitor after I attempted to move the mouse. The basic machine is about 14 years of age, various things have been replaced as needed. The shop was unable to reproduce the problem that locked the machine up. I'm wondering if this thing is on its last legs.

That being said, the shop has a machine that is available, built by them, specs are as follows:

Gigabyte GA-B450 M.2 motherboard
AMD 7th Gen 9600 Quad-Core Processor
Viper DDR4 8GB memory (I would upgrade to 12 GB, personal preference - that's what this one has)
SP 512 GB Solid State Drive
Rosewill Tower
EVGA 450W power supply
Radeon 7 series graphics
24X DVDRW
Logitech keyboard & mouse
Windows 10 Pro
$599.95 USD

The last system item causes me some concern based on problems others on this site have reported re: incompatibility between the W10 OS and FS9/FSX. However, others on this site have reported a problem-free FS9/FSX conversion from W7 to W10, but I don't know if they went with W10 Home Edition or W10 Pro. The computer tech stated W10 Pro will allow the owner to hold off on installing updates/changes coming down the pike from MS whereas the other versions do not offer this feature. I'd like to keep that capability if possible. I hate the company/OS sneaking something in on me while I'm asleep.

I need to determine whether, in the group's opinion, this is a decent setup for FS9/FSX; whether 12GB of RAM is overkill or just right; and just how fast or "tricked-out" a video card (with cooling tower) this setup can tolerate without burning itself to a crisp.