WW II era carrier deck tug?

Thread: WW II era carrier deck tug?

WW II era carrier deck tug?

Does anyone know if one of these exists for FSX. I have searched the usual places without any luck. I use the term “search” loosely as I must have a mental block when it comes to using some search engines! Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 78D22FC2-08A2-45CB-BA5B-E1C9D70CC7C7.jpg   DB34B841-4676-4630-94EE-E5CE182FC050.jpg  
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

If it is ok for you, i can offer this one. Did this one yesterday night. Will use it on my Essex class carriers.

Not realy the best one, but very small and for me it is enough. If you will use this one i can send the mdl file the .dae file to your hands. So you can do changes to the model.

greetings
    Klaus

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by klnowak View Post
    If it is ok for you, i can offer this one. Did this one yesterday night. Will use it on my Essex class carriers.

Not realy the best one, but very small and for me it is enough. If you will use this one i can send the mdl file the .dae file to your hands. So you can do changes to the model.

greetings
    Klaus
    Absolutely nothing wrong with those Klaus!!!

Just a reminder, they were yellow by the Korean (and later periods), as per this film:

They feature in the first two minutes a few times.

I'm thrilled you're putting it/them into your new 50's era Essex projects.

thanks,

dl

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Absolutely nothing wrong with those Klaus!!!

Just a reminder, they were yellow by the Korean (and later periods), as per this film:

I'm thrilled you're putting it/them into your new 50's era Essex projects.

thanks,

dl
    Yes yellow in Korea War.... just befor in 1950 they had their old color. But i did a yellow one too. (just a texture to change)
    And here a little example what it looks on the CV-9 USS Essex just befor the Korean war.

And shure... they will come with those carriers

greetings
    Klaus

Blog Entries
    An Essex with Korean War Corsairs!! Woohoo!! This get's better by the day.

I'm pinching myself to make sure I'm not dreaming ...

Colours on the tractor (for the WWII and Korean War, green and yellow [from the crane] respectively, look really good.

dl

greetings
    Klaus
    WOW! Klaus, that looks great! I'd love to accept your offer. I've been fiddling with some WW2 Essex "hybrid" deck parking with F4Us and F6Fs that will allow both traps and launch. Don't like to land then respawn in order to take off again. The tugs will look 1,000% better than the jeeps I have now. Thank you very much.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2019-aug-23-007.jpg  
    Duckie

Blog Entries
    Nice work, Steve,

Yes, absent a configurable deck tool, like what SimWorks Studios or CIMOGT has, where you can manipulate deck layouts "real time" - designers who make carriers with a "hard-coded" layout should place the static aircraft and associated deck objects in a way that allows uninterrupted cycling of launch and recover, in my view. Certainly for running pattern work.

The way you've done yours, just like Klaus has done his, is ideal. Sure, you might taxi "through" some of the deck traffic momentarily, but better that than respawning alternating configs after each each takeoff.

Others may disagree, of course, but especially on an axial (straight) decks, the layouts you two have tabled are the ideal ones, even if you're short a few planes. Which for FPS reasons, might also be yet another good reason for it.

dl

Klaus' new deck tug has reported for duty! Thanks very much Klaus! Great addition to the detail of carrier ops.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2019-aug-29-007.jpg  
    Duckie

I agree about not wanting to reload in order to take off after landing, and that a few parked aircraft are a lot better than none. From a standpoint of total ignorance and then some, I'd have thought it would be possible to have a menu similar to the ones some developers such as GAS use for chocks, passenger etc to change the deck appearance while in game.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Yes, absent a configurable deck tool, like what SimWorks Studios or CIMOGT has, where you can manipulate deck layouts "real time" - designers who make carriers with a "hard-coded" layout should place the static aircraft and associated deck objects in a way that allows uninterrupted cycling of launch and recover, in my view. Certainly for running pattern work.

The way you've done yours, just like Klaus has done his, is ideal. Sure, you might taxi "through" some of the deck traffic momentarily, but better that than respawning alternating configs after each each takeoff.

Others may disagree, of course, but especially on an axial (straight) decks, the layouts you two have tabled are the ideal ones, even if you're short a few planes. Which for FPS reasons, might also be yet another good reason for it.
    With DL all the way (as usual) in this regard.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Klaus
    I love how you knock that out in a night. I would still be wondering how to draw the first line.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Members who have read this thread: 0