Installing Flying Club

Thread: Installing Flying Club

SOH-CM-2023

Installing Flying Club

Hi All,

Im in the midst of a reinstall and I am trying to reinstall Flying Club from Just Flight on Win 10. It appears to start the install fine, then just ends. I know this has been covered a million times, but can somebody point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
    Sean

Quote Originally Posted by jackryan172 View Post
    Hi All,

Im in the midst of a reinstall and I am trying to reinstall Flying Club from Just Flight on Win 10. It appears to start the install fine, then just ends. I know this has been covered a million times, but can somebody point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
    Sean
    If installing from Box CD/DVD, then see this: https://support.justflight.com/suppo...and-windows-10
    However, I don't believe there is much that can be done for Windows 10 for a Box CD/DVD version. If however, you have a download install, then with luck on your side, you can try with requisite administrator privileges and compatibility modes, else best to get in touch with Just Flight! and for that matter regarding any Just Flight purchase and pertinent install-troubleshooting; they are most prompt in their responses!

Basically, what was said above /\

Microsoft deliberately broke the Digital Rights Software that many discs used pre Windows8, when they brought out Win 10, due to a perceived security issue. A couple of the shoot em up games forums had a workaround which involved hacking your registry and temporarily being a Windows 'Developer', but word is, that even this has been blocked now by recent Win10 updates. Best option is to do as suggested and ask Just Flight for a digital download.

Microsofts' response to all the foregoing, has just been to "We updated Windows to make it safer... it's your Game publisher's fault your installers won't work"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.how...and-vista/amp/

Ttfn

Pete

SOH-CM-2023
    Well I have reached out to Just Flight and asked for a patch or a downloadable version . We will see what the response is.

Sean

Just reinstall W7.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Just reinstall W7.
    Yes, if you can!

This past winter I had my confutor
    reconditioned and added new high speed drives in order to retain Win7pro and avoid updating to any later Windows version.

I thought of doing that to save my older XP rig several years ago, but it was too far gone to salvage the OS and it was no longer possible to buy a new copy of XP, so I had to go to Win7pro. I paid extra for the Pro version because it has "virtual XP" that will supposedly run Win XP software that won't run in Win7. It does Not work as advertised. I have tried several old programs from my XP rig and only one of them works in virtual XP. Bah!

I envy guys like Papi who have managed to keep their XP rigs running, and I feel bad for those who have had to move to Win 8 or Win10 when I read about all the trouble they're having.

I'm running Windows10 on 3 different PCs/laptops since the release in 2015/2016, never had any major problem. I had my fingers crossed when I allowed Windows10 to install it self and remove windows 7 on my flightsim/gaming PC, but it all went extremely smooth.

As it kept running without problems for more than 3 months I decided to do the next one, which was the laptop of my wife. As she doesn't have much special software, this went even smoother. The 3rd machine is my work PC. Although I had some minor issues with some AutoCad based programs, it was all easy to solve. In fact it forced me to update some old software versions, something I should have done a long time ago.

We aren't the youngest ones around and I guess we are all a bit reluctant to abandon the old and get familiar with the new. To proof that I know what I'm talking about, I still use my old PaintShopPro version 7.04 program to make repaints. Its not fully Windows10 compatible. But once I click away the question whether I allow the program to make changes to my PC, it still works as it did under Windows7.

I have noticed that many people who are complaining about Windows10, are still running XP or Windows7........... There are definitely some things which were better or easier under Windows95, like creating an NT network, but I'm currently quite satisfied with Windows10. As I said before I really have the feeling Microsoft Flightsimulator runs smoother under Windows10, due to better handling of graphics. And based a thread I was reading in the cfs2 forum, I know I'm not the only one.

Windows likes to control your machine. There are many people who's knowledge about operating systems is so poor, who still want to make huge changes, obviously beyond their knowledge. Perhaps should just allow Windows10 to do it for them. It will give some limitations in some cases, but there is a reason for this.

Euhhh..... don't worry as I will now step down from my soapbox

Cheers,
    Huub

Copy-protection (DRM) / Win7 XP Mode (Virtual PC)....

I think the issue here is Just-Flight's CD DRM/Copy-Protection and compatibility issues during install for Win 10 OS; SafeDisc must be present and running, for the Just-Flight Software Disc install to successfully run; disc is authenticated at the start of install, and if unsuccessful (in the event the DRM service is turned off or absent), the install routine promptly aborts. Also Win7 XP Mode as released for the Professional version and higher doesn't support DirectX/OpenGL graphics and as such was more geared towards businesses dependent on legacy, non-graphical applications; accordingly attempting to load XP or earlier compatible graphics applications in XP mode (virtually) in Win7 will largely fail. Finally, it is often not too unwise a choice, when shopping for off-the-shelf or custom Personal Computers, to look for motherboards/video-card and pertinent OS-compatible chips and drivers that allow for a dual boot; the latest OS and also earlier ones and also wise to take note of when a chip manufacturer ends support for the earlier OS; naturally now Intel has mostly ended support for all OS but the latest - Win10, atleast to my knowledge, and likewise with AMD; might be mistaken. In any case, see if you can also dual boot with both Win7 and Win10, then you have the benefits of both depending on your needs

SOH-CM-2023
    For some reason my post didnt get on the board,

Just Flight responded and got me installed. They were awesome and got me a working solution:

There is a possible workaround that will allow safedisc disks to work on some Windows 10 systems.

For it to work you must have a system that doesn't have SecureBoot enabled or that will let you disable the SecureBoot feature in the BIOS

The zip below contains tools and instructions for setting up your system temporarily to allow Safedisc discs to be successfully validated. Although itdescribes the actions for a particular product the same method applies to any safedisc disk

http://cdn.justflight.com/justflight...10-VFR-FIX.zip

This is definitely "at your own risk" and should only be tried if you are comfortable working with the commandline interface on your system.

Members who have read this thread: 0