Messerschmitt Bf109 B1 for FSX

Thread: Messerschmitt Bf109 B1 for FSX

Messerschmitt Bf109 B1 for FSX

Hi Folks,
    Just uploaded the FSX compatible version of the 109B1 I did for Fs9/CFS2. AF Scrub kindly offered to do the 'leg work', and convert it to FSX...so thanks to him for that. No, before anyone asks it's not a native model lol.

Looks good in FSX and handles beautifully. With working slats, animated pilots head, cooler duct etc. With four tex, and Huub is doing some nice paints for the Fs9 model, which will of course work well in FSX.

The model will be ok in P3D, but I'm not sure if the texs work correctly.

Cheers

Shessi

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...id=37&id=25708
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bf109B1 1.jpg   Bf109B1 5.jpg  

Oh wow, this is a nice surprise. I'll definitely take it for a flight tonight after work.

Thanks so much for this gem! Always had a weak spot for the early B and E models. So this is a very welcome adition in my hangar.

Best regards
    Alex
    Dont grow up! ... It´s a trap!

Thanks Shessi,

It looks good in FSX as well

Cheers,
    Huub

PS Two of the repaints Shessi referred to are already available. You can find the here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...-from-II-JG132
    and here:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d-3-of-5-JG132

The more spectacular repaints will have to wait until Shessi finishes the Cesar and Dora versions (Duck away quickly before Shessi hits my head...........)

Hello Shessi,

-Thank you for this superb adaptation!
    In the same spirit, IL2 to FSX, would you be able to adapt the Petliakov Pe-2? or the Me 410?
    Thank you!

Alain

Thanks for the comments guys, glad you like it.

Huub...yesss!

Alain,
    Chris Lampard and myself did an Me 410 for FS9/CFS2 and I made it available for FSX...where have you been! As for the Pe2, AF Scrub upgraded Ito-san's Fs9 Pe2 to FSX spec..get it at Simviation.com.

Cheers

Shessi

Hello Shessi,

Thank you for your reply!
    Of course I have your Me 410 and the Pe2, but I find that these planes are much more detailed in IL2, especially as regards the cockpits, also the conversion IL2 towards FSX seemed to me welcome!
    cordially

Alain

Alain,
    Oui, d'accord! They are much more detailed...BUT, takes a lot of time to convert etc...so maybe, just maybe....one day....

salute

Shessi

Shessi,

Ah, maybe a hope ....
    Thank you in advance!

Alain

Great flying early 109 Shessi ... Many Thanks ! Mike

Thanks Shessi!

This beauty flies brilliantly in P3Dv4.5. The VC is a gem!

Cheers,

Priller

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Thanks Shessi!

This beauty flies brilliantly in P3Dv4.5. The VC is a gem!

Cheers,

Priller
    Hi Pips, Mike,
    Thanks for that. I don't have P3D, knew the model would be ok, but wasn't sure about tex format. And yes, IL-2 VC's are beautiful aren't they!

Shessi

Thanks for this gem Shessi!

Cees

Just gave it a try and was very impressed, the quality is very good. And it works great in P3Dv4. One question I see there are two folders in the zip, 'Messerschmitt Bf109 B1 EARLY' and 'Messerschmitt Bf109 B1 EARLY FSX' one has more textures but are there other differences between them?
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Nice job. Thanks!

However, I noticed two small issues; tail wheel does not turn to left and leading edge slats are not working.

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    . . . . . One question I see there are two folders in the zip, 'Messerschmitt Bf109 B1 EARLY' and 'Messerschmitt Bf109 B1 EARLY FSX' one has more textures but are there other differences between them?
    I "think" the EARLY version is FS9 and the EARLY-FSX is the one tweaked to be compatible with FSX
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I "think" the EARLY version is FS9 and the EARLY-FSX is the one tweaked to be compatible with FSX
    Sorry Falcon: both have external and internal models, so they are both FSX compatible. Also, both work in P3D v4.5 Tested by yours truly.

Cheers,

Priller

Hi Folks,
    WTF! Well the upload having working stuff in as well as the full upload is down to me. I've got no idea how that happened, but obviously it did! So I'll get one of the inner sanctum to replace the download with the correct single file one...grrrr!

Yes they are both FSX, but the other is a working copy as such.

Mal,
    The slats do work, you just have to have looked inside the ac before the gauge will open the slats. If you start in external view then the slats will not extend. It's a qwerk of using a gauge to open the slats, odd but one of those things. And yes you're right about the tail wheel. I have no idea why, as the cfg is the same, the model/anis are the same as the Fs9/CFS2 one. I've just checked all the models in all the sims, AND the model file, and the full tail wheel ani is there and works, BUT not, as you say, to the left in FSX??!! WHY? The only thing is that when Scrubby did the conversion, some how the ani has been compromised. I've just played around with the cfg tailwheel settings and I can't get it to work. So....just turn right please...first door on the right......

Apologies for the minor glitches. Thanks for your critique, good and bad, that's how I/we learn....I will of course now throw myself on my sword...

Cheers

Shessi

Not to worry. No big deal if this or that doesn't work perfectly. Appreciate you checking it out.

I always figure the important view is from the VC, everything else is just eye candy. Since the slats work from the VC and you can't see the tail wheel anyways, no worries. Thank you Shessi and Scrubby for making this nice aircraft.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Members who have read this thread: 1