Frustration with aircraft repaints not showing up..

Thread: Frustration with aircraft repaints not showing up..

Frustration with aircraft repaints not showing up..

I have been adding aircraft repaints to various models for years. Normally it is not a challenge, although I DO know that all it takes is one entry out of place, misspelled, etc..., and that repaint will not show up.

When I do have a problem such as this, I take a close look at the aircraft.cfg file to try and determine what is missing. Well, I have literally spent 3 hours, attempting to do this with the Razbam A-7E. I have several repaint textures in the directory, but many are not showing up in the sim. I simply am not able to solve this!

Can anyone suggest how to go about finding a solution? Arrrghhh!!! NC

First, are you getting any Razbam repaints showing at all in the select aircraft screen, or is it just one particular repaint that's
    not showing?

If just one particular repaint that's not showing, that happens to me all the time. It's just a matter of going through a checklist
    of possible oversights or typos on my part.

Like, did I copy the new aircraft .cfg completely, or did I forget one of the square brackets around the {Flightsim *}?
    Or, did I copy the texture name wrong in the aircraft.cfg texture= entry? Or does the particular aircraft .cfg entry I'm using
    for the new repaint not have the correct sim=, model=, or panel= entries?

Also, did I check whether repaints require fallbacks to a common texture folder, or even to a different aircraft folder? And if they
    do require fallbacks, did I copy those correctly?

The other thing is, I'll forget to check the title of the particular repaint in the aircraft .cfg. So when I go into the Select Aircraft
    screen, where all planes are listed alphabetically by Title, as well as sorted into various categories if I've applied a filter, I end
    up looking in the wrong place.

Probably all this is obvious and you've already checked, but maybe there's something there that may help. You could also post
    a copy of the aircraft .cfg entry here, and maybe someone might spot something.

-RobM

PS: The Razbam Corsair II works fairly well in P3Dv4, better than their Harrier, but there's still problems. In particular, while the
    Load Manager will add armaments visually, it adds no weight to the plane when a weapon gets loaded. I like the Razbam Corsair II
    enough that I might just go to my FSX (I till have FSX installed), get the weight load outs from the FSX Corsair II for the individual
    weapons, and then manually add the weights in through the P3Dv4 default Payload screen when I add those particular weapons to
    the P3Dv4 Corsair II.

NC,

Check the following:

model=?
    panel=?

If these don't match the rest of the entries in your CFG then it won't show. it also won't show if the

sim=?

has something different.

Keep in mind that the model MAY be different! Just make sure that the model name matches ANY of the model folder names. IE: model.XYZ or model.ZYX. as long as you entry for example here matches the xyz or zyx, you are ok. (model=xyz OR model=zyx).

also ensure that you haven't done a simple double number:

[fltsim.10]
    and then...
    [fltsim.10]

as the next one. this can cause issues as well.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

I have the same problem with the F-16. Textures that showed up in the previous version haven't shown in 3.4+ no matter what I try to do.

NC, which paint? I might have it already installed in my v4.4 build. I've got a few of the pre-Tacpack model paints for various VA squadrons. How is your fallback texture set up?
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

I am going to uninstall my Razbam A-7E & start from the beginning. I will add new paints slowly, and try to isolate what I am doing wrong! Will report back! NC P.S. Thanks for suggestions. I wil will refer to them during the reinstall process!

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    I am going to uninstall my Razbam A-7E & start from the beginning. I will add new paints slowly, and try to isolate what I am doing wrong! Will report back! NC P.S. Thanks for suggestions. I wil will refer to them during the reinstall process!
    If you want to take the long way around go for it. It's the next day I'm seeing this so you have probably already done so but we might be able to solve this quickly if you post the aircraft.cfg [fltsim.?] section for a repaint that doesn't show and one that does. There are several variables in there that will keep an aircraft from showing (or showing where you expect it).

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    If you want to take the long way around go for it. It's the next day I'm seeing this so you have probably already done so but we might be able to solve this quickly if you post the aircraft.cfg [fltsim.?] section for a repaint that doesn't show and one that does. There are several variables in there that will keep an aircraft from showing (or showing where you expect it).
    Thanks for the follow-up check! I haven't done anything else with it yet. Back problems prevent me from sitting at my PC like I used to! But I will get back to checking this soon! NC

STILL frustrated with aircraft repaints not showing up!

Well, my frustration continues. I last visited this issue last August, and only just today made more attempts to solve the problem.

There are 9 stock paints included with the Razbam A-7D/E/H (Volume I):

A-7E:
    VA-72
    VA-94
    VA-15
    VA-122

A-7D:
    354Th TFW
    174Th TFS
    149Th

A-7H:

336 Sq

I am trying to install 21 additional paints for the Razbam A-7E. Only 5 of those repaints show up on the Aircraft selection menu in P3DV5.

I have tried for hours to identify what is preventing the remaining 16 from loading and displaying, but to no avail. I am hoping that maybe someone can help me solve this? I realize that the problem may lie with textures for the repaints, but, again, I do not know what the problem is..... Thanks! NC

Here is a link to my aircraft.cfg file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17yMNnjMvKfrn6gLV5AGyEr54w-uIYYQF/view?usp=sharing

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Well, my frustration continues. I last visited this issue last August, and only just today made more attempts to solve the problem.

There are 9 stock paints included with the Razbam A-7D/E/H (Volume I):

A-7E:
    VA-72
    VA-94
    VA-15
    VA-122

A-7D:
    354Th TFW
    174Th TFS
    149Th

A-7H:

336 Sq

I am trying to install 21 additional paints for the Razbam A-7E. Only 5 of those repaints show up on the Aircraft selection menu in P3DV5.

I have tried for hours to identify what is preventing the remaining 16 from loading and displaying, but to no avail. I am hoping that maybe someone can help me solve this? Thanks! NC

Here is a link to my aircraft.cfg file:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/n5c3kr...craft.cfg/file
    Fltsim.16 section you've got a missing [ at the beginning.

Sometimes it helps to delete the SimObjects cache for the problem add on aircraft. These cache files are stored in folder %APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    Fltsim.16 section you've got a missing [ at the beginning.
    That did it! Well, almost! Only one paint is not showing. There should be two VA-82 paints. A-7 Corsair II VA-82_LV_157460 displays, but the one by Steve Bryant, A-7E Corsair II VA-82, does not, for some reason.... But this is GREAT! Thank you!! NC

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    ... this is a "wild hair" crazy idea ... pulling at little straws in a dark room & blind-folded ..... in your aircraft. cfg. change the capital S that starts at the beginning of the line to lower case ????????

[fltsim.9]
    title=A-7E Corsair II VA-82
    sim=A-7
    model=
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=VA-82_Marauders
    kb_checklists=a7_check
    kb_reference=a7_ref
    atc_airline=US NAVY
    atc_flight_number=304
    ui_manufacturer=Vought
    ui_type=A-7 Corsair II
    ui_variation=VA-82_Marauders
    description=LTV A-7E Corsair II (BuNo ), of USN Attack Squadron VA-82_Marauders as it appeared Aboard USS Nimitz (CVN68) Summer/Fall 1975.... . \n\nModel and Paint Kit by RAZBAM. Repaint by Steve Bryant.
    ui_createdby="RAZBAM"
    atc_heavy=0
    atc_parking_types = MIL_COMBAT, MIL_CARGO, DOCK, RAMP, CARGO
    visual_damage= 1

Quote Originally Posted by FlameOut View Post
    ... this is a "wild hair" crazy idea ... pulling at little straws in a dark room & blind-folded ..... in your aircraft. cfg. change the capital S that starts at the beginning of the line to lower case ????????

[fltsim.9]
    title=A-7E Corsair II VA-82
    sim=A-7
    model=
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=VA-82_Marauders
    kb_checklists=a7_check
    kb_reference=a7_ref
    atc_airline=US NAVY
    atc_flight_number=304
    ui_manufacturer=Vought
    ui_type=A-7 Corsair II
    ui_variation=VA-82_Marauders
    description=LTV A-7E Corsair II (BuNo ), of USN Attack Squadron VA-82_Marauders as it appeared Aboard USS Nimitz (CVN68) Summer/Fall 1975.... . \n\nModel and Paint Kit by RAZBAM. Repaint by Steve Bryant.
    ui_createdby="RAZBAM"
    atc_heavy=0
    atc_parking_types = MIL_COMBAT, MIL_CARGO, DOCK, RAMP, CARGO
    visual_damage= 1
    BINGO! That did it! Whoo Hoo! All 30 paints now! Thanks! Great work, everyone, for helping me! NC

Except for some of the paints included with the Razbam A-7E Volume 1, all of the paints I added are NAS Cecil Field squadrons. Tomorrow I plan on attempting a screenshot that has all of them at the same time, using Lorby-si's WAMA (Where's My Aircraft At?). Truly outstanding addon. Only problem I have with KVQQ is the runway textures. Not good. NC

Members who have read this thread: 1