Need help in making a livery

Thread: Need help in making a livery

Need help in making a livery

Hello!

Currently I'm working on a livery for the IRIS Pro Training Series PC-9, the "Krila Oluje" Display Team livery.

I've done everything else, the fuselage, wing both upper and lower part and the miscellaneous bits...but the tail is giving me a pain in the ass. BTW, I'm a beginner in painting liveries, really don't know how to use Photoshop at its FULL potential, but I know how to do basic stuff...so that maybe explains everything.

If anybody knows how the IRIS (Pro Training Series) PC-9 paintkit works when it comes to painting the tail and could help me, please let me know!

Kind regards,

P.S. - I don't know where do these kind of posts go, so decided to post the thread here. If a moderator sees this thread, please move it to the right place. Thank you!

P.S. 2- I did asked people that did the livery (zsoltquack...sorry if i misspronounced your name) but unfortunately he refused to help me. I was also trying to find other people that did this kind of livery for this specific aircraft, but no luck.

P.S. 3 - I contacted IRIS, but they still haven't answered...

Like this one? I did 'several' paints for Piglet's Tucano....different plane but similar enough.....dunno about the methodology of your plane's kit...but I redid Tim's for these ones..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tucano krila oluje-Final.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post

Like this one? I did 'several' paints for Piglet's Tucano....different plane but similar enough.....dunno about the methodology of your plane's kit...but I redid Tim's for these ones..
    Yes, that's the one!

If you want, I can give you the paintkit and maybe you can figure something out.

Thanks!

I don't have the plane...but I'll dl the kit and have a look at it...

Edit....looks like I do have it....though doesn't make reference to 'pro' or high def paintkit....I don't call '2048' "high definition" ...when I do high ones they are 4096.
    If it's the right kit it doesn't look too complicated...
    Last edited by Jafo; August 22nd, 2019 at 00:54.

Does this look like the paint kit?

It is one by IRIS at 2048....and the wireframe for the rudder is pretty well defined so 'shouldn't be an issue....and where the words are reflected usually means the images are too....often done to make things easier...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails t6_1_t copy3.jpg  

Does this look like the paint kit?

It is one by IRIS at 2048....and the wireframe for the rudder is pretty well defined so 'shouldn't be an issue....and where the words are reflected usually means the images are too....often done to make things easier...

No, that's not the one. Here is the whole folder of my WIP: https://drive.google.com/open?id=164...4memQW5UAfJ4j_

This is the work that I've done so far...and you can tell I haven't done the tail (Rep, it's in croatian) yet, and of course it is messed up. Take a look and if you can do something about it, thank you in advance!

Had a quick look at what you have been doing....looks like an alignment issue.
    The kit has separated the rudder from the fin with a space between...so the painted lines cannot just pass across the space....what happens then is they won't align. You have to 'imagine' them connected as in the plane/model and compensate for the gap.
    Like...put the two bits together....do the stripes...then cut them and place them where they are in the separated kit.
    Sometimes I think they just do it like that to 'try' us - the painters....

Wait till you find a plane where it LOOKS LIKE a mirrored fin....only to discover it is rotated 1.5 degrees off mirror just so it fits on the bitmap....
    Yes, they do that sometimes....

Had a quick look at what you have been doing....looks like an alignment issue.
    The kit has separated the rudder from the fin with a space between...so the painted lines cannot just pass across the space....what happens then is they won't align. You have to 'imagine' them connected as in the plane/model and compensate for the gap.
    Like...put the two bits together....do the stripes...then cut them and place them where they are in the separated kit.
    Sometimes I think they just do it like that to 'try' us - the painters....

Wait till you find a plane where it LOOKS LIKE a mirrored fin....only to discover it is rotated 1.5 degrees off mirror just so it fits on the bitmap....
    Yes, they do that sometimes....
    Yes, that's what I've been doing the whole time, but have never followed the UV layout.
    Now I'm wiser and fixed the problem! (And also found a better way making the stripes)

Thanks for helping!

Members who have read this thread: 0