Socata Ralleye MS-893 for P3Dv4+ out

Thread: Socata Ralleye MS-893 for P3Dv4+ out

Socata Ralleye MS-893 for P3Dv4+ out

Finally!

https://aeroplaneheaven.com/product_socata.php

I must wait for PCAviator option for EU customers.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

We are reviewing our EU sales situation right now so EU customers will need to buy from Just Flight until further notice. Thanks and we will let you know more when we know more. Just Flight should have the Socata up in a day or so.

Awesome news, as this now clears the way for the DC-3, Hurricane, and T-39....all MUST buys!

Kent

I think it’s awesome news as well, but because I want the Socata. Just got to wait for Just Flight to stock it now.
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    We are reviewing our EU sales situation right now so EU customers will need to buy from Just Flight until further notice. Thanks and we will let you know more when we know more. Just Flight should have the Socata up in a day or so.
    It is from now https://www.justflight.com/product/a...ms-893-p3d-pbr .

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

The socata is up at Justflight now so we'll be updating our site. And we're uploading to simmarket ( ask me how many times I have pushed the m key 3 times when typing out that name ) as well. First time we've used their site so fingers crossed. All our product that we sell will be there eventually - we are in australia where we rank behind latvia in the speed of our internet - including the Socata and Cessna and all future stuff so if you're a simmmarket ( I'm leaving that one in ) then you can just continue there.

I'mmm out of here.

I had a look at the paintkit for the Rallye, is it indeed just a wireframe and white blotches, no panel lines for instance, or am I missing something?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    I had a look at the paintkit for the Rallye, is it indeed just a wireframe and white blotches, no panel lines for instance, or am I missing something?
    Your not missing anything, thats the nature of a pbr paintkit. Where the panel lines or at least the metal/rough info for such things is on the metal map and normal. Since the Metal map is packed RGB a layered file for that would be... very hard to produce and confuse more people than it would help. Luckily on the socata we have 3 + special edition different metal maps which I allude to in the help for repainters in the manual and so you could open those up and extract the channels to their own file , then modify them to your own needs , then flatten and re-assemble into a packed rgb file. There's even a utility for unreal game engine that can do that for you and if you modify the settings you can even get it to output the archaic/odd specification that p3d uses! I think you can find it on polycount somewhere.

The only thing is that I dont use photoshop so have to output PSD's that are compatible. If you're seeing the layers that I'm seeing here then that is indeed the paintkit. We should discuss if the paintkits are good enough but the last time we did that people got hot under the collar so the paintkit is what the paintkit is.

The layer stack is on the left of the image. There should be around 17 or so layers.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails afphoto.jpg  

Now its free, model is nice however I cant use starter (keys) for start engine in P3Dv5. The proppeler do 2-3 turnover and nothing heppens (P3Dv5). Cold and dark start.

Hi YoYo,

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Now its free, model is nice however I cant use starter (keys) for start engine in P3Dv5. The proppeler do 2-3 turnover and nothing heppens (P3Dv5). Cold and dark start.
    I increased the aircraft.cfg starter torque to 1 to get the start from cold and dark.

Code:
    [piston_engine] 
    normalized_starter_torque=1.0
    but also check that the fuel selector is ON (low on the column between the two seats)
    I had several time issues with the Fuel Pressure not building, but did found what I did wrong

Gérard

Fuel is on good position, yep, I know this starter_torque and I think the problem is here, will check, thx a lot !

Hi YoYo,

I find out that the same " (L:sysinit,bool) 0 == if{" is used in two different gauges
    - init_rallye.xml
    - options.xml

This may explain that the most important initialization section in init_rallye may not be run :

[windows01]
    gauge00=rallye_xml!options, 0,0,521,732
    gauge01=rallye_xml!init_rallye, 0,0,1,1

I recommand to extract the cab and update "options" with a different init flag...
    The "options" would benefit also to have the selections persistent !

Gérard

Oooo great, thank you. It's hard to blame the developers because the models are free now with clear information with no support but luckily we still have loyal & good fans .
    Last edited by YoYo; February 12th, 2022 at 14:55.

normalized_starter_torque=1.0
    With this works ok now.

About the second, Gerard, my entry looks like this:

[Window00]
    So a little different (panel.cfg). Btw. If you did a fix can you upload it somewhare?

I think too that performance could be tweaked here, the model fly with to low speed but cruise level is 130 kts IRL here, its power scalar option as I remember, worth checking out.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    About the second, Gerard, my entry looks like this:

[Window00]
    If you did a fix can you upload it somewhare?
    Your are right - it was Windows00

To make persistant the options selected, follow the steps :
    1 - In options.xml delete lines 12-20
    Code:
            <Update id="init_system">
                <Frequency>18</Frequency>
                <Script>      
    (L:sysinit,bool) 0 == if{ 
     0 (&gt;L:materialsetting,number)
    1 (&gt;L:sysinit,bool)
    }
        </Script>
            </Update>
    2 - Get on "Doug Dawson's Web Site" dsd_p3d_xml_config_x64
    Rename the dll to "DisplayOptions.dll" and copy it in the panel folder...

3 - Create a DisplayOptions.ini file contening
    Code:
    [Config]
    MaxValues=20
    Interval=60

[LVars]
    Lvar_00=carpetoptions
    Lvar_01=consoleoptions
    Lvar_02=copilot_vis
    Lvar_03=crashpadoptions
    Lvar_04=davtron_vis
    Lvar_05=frontseatoptions
    Lvar_06=mainstripoptions
    Lvar_07=materialsetting
    Lvar_08=pilotswitch
    Lvar_09=pilot_vis
    Lvar_10=radiooptions
    Lvar_11=rearseatoptions
    Lvar_12=sidetrimoptions
    Lvar_13=allpilots_vis

[Floats]
    Value_00=0.
    Value_01=0.
    Value_02=0.
    Value_03=0.
    Value_04=0.
    Value_05=0.
    Value_06=0.
    Value_07=0.
    Value_08=0.
    Value_09=0.
    Value_10=0.
    Value_11=0.
    Value_12=0.
    Value_13=0.
    4 - Add in
    [VCockpit01]
    gauge03=DiplayOptions!config, 0,0,1,1

5 - disable the useless call to init_rallye in Window00 (duplicates the one in [VCockpit01])
    Code:
    [Window00]
    gauge00=rallye_xml!options,  0,0,521,732
    //gauge01=rallye_xml!init_rallye, 0,0,1,1
    That's all folk
    Have fun.

Gérard

Thx, I'll try it.

Members who have read this thread: 0