FSPilotshop Site Can't Be Reached
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FSPilotshop Site Can't Be Reached

Blog Entries

FSPilotshop Site Can't Be Reached

Maybe I'm out of the loop, but I get Site Can't Be Reached when I try FSPilotshop. Anyone have info on their status?
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Gordon, I tried all weekend with no results. Thought it was maybe me. Something is amiss.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Took a look at their Facebook page and there is little going on there other than a few posts. . .one from earlier this year and one from late last year basically telling people not to purchase from them because they took money for products but never got any activation codes or download links.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

BBB gave FSPilotshop.com an F rating. They were active on twitter until Jan 18 and post constantly until then.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

I am sure they ceased trading a while ago and there was quite a lot of talk on various flight sim sites when it happened.

Wow! Another one, and another one I have many purchases from. It's strange, as I had no idea there were any issues, and I usually have at least a browse at FSPilotshop whenever sale seasons are on, and some other times too. I think I may have made my first flightsim purchases from FSPilotshop years ago.

While googling just now for some info, I noticed posts back in May and June on Avsim stating that noone could make contact with them. Strange no news sites such as FS Elite have mentioned anything. They were all over the downfall of Flightsimstore.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Blog Entries
    I was able to access my account up until four days ago, then the links went dead.

I had 130 purchases through the site but was not able to pay $4.95 each to re-activate 130 links in the wake of my recent, catastrophic data loss. I would estimate the total value of that investment at between $2,500 and $3,000 USD.
    It will be impossible for me to replace that data.

It seems to me that there should be a course of action available for former customers to retrieve data for which they have legitimately purchased licenses. Beyond that, all of the purchase history, dates and activation codes are currently unavailable.

IMHO...this is despicable.
    Last edited by gman5250; August 20th, 2019 at 03:16.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Since this is the only forum I read daily, this is sudden surprise.

I was just on there a couple days ago, checking updates, but can't get on now. I also have a major number of purchases from them, now unable to cover. As for updates to ones that long ago, like Gordon, I can't see paying to renew links, but even that is out the door, now.

Phil at Virtavia, and Bill at Lionheart have been real good at covering my updates from all the old stores, when I have the receipts. Gordon, I feel your loss, as I lost quite a few receipts when we had a power failure while I was doing a defrag on my main payware disk. Surprisingly, even Carenado has covered a few I bought elsewhere. I guess I better start going through my inventory and pulling out all my receipts from FSPilotshop.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

The last thing,I purchased was FirefighterX by Lorby,I probably could try,and,contact them for future updates,but will have to see if fspilotshop is gone first,this sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    I was able to access my account up until four days ago, then the links went dead.

I had 130 purchases through the site but was not able to pay $4.95 each to re-activate 130 links in the wake of my recent, catastrophic data loss. I would estimate the total value of that investment at between $2,500 and $3,000 USD.

It seems to me that there should be a course of action available for former customers to retrieve data for which they have legitimately purchased licenses. Beyond that, all of the purchase history, dates and activation codes are currently unavailable.

Yeah, their charging for updating links was not very popular, and there are many posts online with people shouting out about it. I once complained directly, and they actually updated all my links for another few years with no charge. I just pointed out that they were the only vendors charging such a fee.

Gordon, you should see what proof of purchase you have for all your addons from FSPilotshop, because a lot of developers will cover their products in the event of a 3rd party vendor going down. Not all of them of course, but some. I recently asked for and received some installers from Virtavia to replace FSStore installers which no longer worked. Drzewiecki Design are another developer who will help out, with FSPS Store honoring any Drzewiecki purchases made at defunct vendors. I signed up at FSPS Store, posted a support ticket with proof of purchase of all my lost Drzewicki Design sceneries, and they added the products to my account free of charge. Many developers will help out. FSDG and 29 Palms are another two who have helped me out in different situations.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

I have made lot of Carenado/alabeo purchases from FSPS and many Flytsimware, some plane audio packages etc. Least i can move my order info to carenado/alabeo account, or few flysimware aircraft orders to flysimware store, like i did after Flightsimstore went down.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scotth6 View Post
    Gordon, you should see what proof of purchase you have for all your addons from FSPilotshop
    That's the difficult bit. I had a complete archive of my purchase data with order numbers, dates and serials on my external backup drive. When the MS Windows installer download (wrongly) selected and re-formatted that drive, all of those proof of purchase files were destroyed with the rest of my data. I do have the email trail, but in most cases those are links to the my FSPilotshop account...which is now MIA.

Edit:
    I want back and checked emails from FSPilotshop and confirmed...Order number and date are included in the confirmation emails. Serials are also archived via email, so there may be some hope of remedy via content devs.
    Last edited by gman5250; August 20th, 2019 at 10:16.
    Thomas Jefferson

They keep selling my stuff but stopped paying a while back and haven't responded to any help emails or tickets. Adam says he left there a while back too. I can't even deactivate my products to keep em from selling em.

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post

When my computer crashed a few years back I had to reinstall all my stuff. I got all my purchases backed up on CD but a couple were corrupted. When I emailed them they reactivated all my stuff gratis and it was probably the same count for addons as yours. I was just there to get my Aerosoft F-14 update about four days ago like you and everything seemed fine. Now,I don't sell on the site so don't know how the devs are being treated but I've had nothing but good experiences with them. I wonder if they've just been the victim of a hacker to cause the site to go down so abruptly?

Not sure if it is the reason but they are supposedly implementing some new features for developers so they can push
    content for sale on their won rather than tell FSPilotshop about it and wait for them to get it and put it up for sale.
    Maybe the implementation crashed the site?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Not sure if it is the reason but they are supposedly implementing some new features for developers so they can push
    content for sale on their won rather than tell FSPilotshop about it and wait for them to get it and put it up for sale.
    Maybe the implementation crashed the site?
    I did business with FSPilotshop for years because they appeared respectable and diligent. My first impulse was that they were making changes that resulted in the site difficulties. I'm hoping that this is the case, but I have gotten notifications from more than one developer that they were intending to cease business with FSP.

If they do re-instate the site I'll contact them regarding options to re-instate my licenses without a few hundred dollars demanded for multiple license re-activation.
    Thomas Jefferson

They seem to have severe problems:
    https://www.facebook.com/SimWorksStu...91215974317935
    Greetings
    Dieter
    Win10 Pro 64 bit - RAM 16GB -1 SSD 1TB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 HD 1TB/Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,2 GHz - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - MSFS

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

FSPilotshop seems to be up, and have a new website design. Pretty strange way to handle an upgrade, without informing anyone of any changes or downtime.

fspilotshop new site is up,but when,I logged in,it said a message about,your a customer from the old site reset your password,so,I did,and link they sent me leads to nowhere,still some problems,I guess? I’ll try again later.

Yeah I just tried to reset my password and got the same dead link. All the categories are also messed up on the site. Under the category X Plane Scenery, they had about 8 aircraft for FSX P3D, and CFS3. A lot of the categories had no products under them, and the New Releases category was showing old products.

Hopefully they sort it out.

Blog Entries
    Same dead link here. I'll try again Monday or Tuesday.
    Thomas Jefferson

Hi, same here, tried just now and the password reset links to an unavailable web page. My faith in the reseller business is shaky after Sim Planet and Flight Sim Store, it's particularly nasty when they stop paying the developer but keep on selling the products and go quiet. I have thousands wrapped up in this but luckily for me not too much of it with FSPilotshop. Regards, Mark
    Last edited by Mbudge; August 26th, 2019 at 02:52.

Rest PAssword - Got Access

I just went through the rest account routine and it all worked. Can now access account, but it shows I have a total of 5 orders, but no orders are listed, guess this is still WIP.

This is one of the reasons I try to buy direct from Developer , the other is to pay the man that did the job. I know it's not always a cast iron guarantee but ...oh well.

Members who have read this thread: 0