Beautiful Japanese Phantoms!

Thread: Beautiful Japanese Phantoms!

Beautiful Japanese Phantoms!

Love this video!! NC

https://youtu.be/ej4OH-wbX60

I love the two-tone blue camo on the RF-4EJ Kai photo birds.

Beautiful video indeed ! Thanks for the link.
    A few weeks ago, I saw another one, probably taken in the same place, with impressive views as well:

I am convinced that the F-4 Phantom with a Vulcan cannon up front is one of the most beautiful aircraft ever built.

- Ivan.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    I am convinced that the F-4 Phantom with a Vulcan cannon up front is one of the most beautiful aircraft ever built.

- Ivan.
    Even without a cannon, just sitting in chocks, it was a beautiful beast! NC

Awesome video! I remember the first time I ever went to the Avalon Airshow, back in 1995, the first jets we saw while walking from the car park to the entrance was a pair of USAF RF-4C Phantoms ( I didn't know which Phantoms they were, so I just looked it up). We saw them silently fly past and then a second or two later the roar followed. I have always loved the lines of the Phantom. I remember doing sketches of aircraft when I was younger and I just loved the way the fuselage angled up at the rear of the Phantom.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

And that's the reason I own both the SWS and MV Phantoms in P3D! Since childhood the F-4 has always been up high on my "cool" fighter list.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

F-4EJkai 47-8333 was retired on April 11, 2018

Looks like last of Japans F4's retired in this video. This one had served for approx 44 years of service.

a guy was crying as it rolled off 5:04

Members who have read this thread: 0