Question regarding Milton's Avia 51 for FSX

Thread: Question regarding Milton's Avia 51 for FSX

Question regarding Milton's Avia 51 for FSX

As my last attempt elicited over 200 views but not a single response, I thought I'd try once more with an amended heading.

So, among Milton's wonderful native FSX conversions, was there ever an upload of the Avia 51 (floats and amphib in particular) released anywhere?
    I can only find an FSX portover version in the library here (which I've tried but seems to give me some display issues)

Cheers, A.

SOH-CM-2023
    Yes. In the future, one method is go to simviation.com and enter "Avia 51" (or whatever)
    in the Search box and see what pops up. Try other sites like flightsim.com or avsim.com also.
    Then see if any are FSX native if that's what you want.

https://simviation.com/1/search?subm...a+51&x=16&y=12

There is no native FSX Avia 51 on that link - just the portover version I've already tried.

And thank you for your suggestion but I would not have posted this question here without already having tried the obvious search options first.

Really I'm just wondering if I've somehow missed a posting/upload in a much less obvious location (insider community knowledge, so to speak).

A.

Milton uploads all his projects here at SOH. He links to his list in his signature. I checked yesterday, and he does not have a native FSX version in his uploads, so I would say he has not done one. He also keeps track of his projects when modified/updated by someone else. Maybe he will chime in soon on this. I believe he is presently working on updating one of the Grumman Tracker Turbo Firefighting aircraft to FSX Native. If the interest is there, he may put the AVIA 51 on his "to do" list. He has updated the AVIA 156 to native, and it is excellent.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark62 View Post
    As my last attempt elicited over 200 views but not a single response, I thought I'd try once more with an amended heading.

So, among Milton's wonderful native FSX conversions, was there ever an upload of the Avia 51 (floats and amphib in particular) released anywhere?
    I can only find an FSX portover version in the library here (which I've tried but seems to give me some display issues)

Cheers, A.
    Thanks for your interest. To answer the question, no, there has not been a native FSX release of the Avia 51.

We are just wrapping up my last new development projects, the Howard 250 tail-dragger, and the Tri-Gear 250.

Due to my declining vision, I have stopped my intense development work and will primarily focus on remaining FSX native conversions of my projects.

The Avia series is in the queue.

Sorry I missed your original question. I had backed away for a while to focus on RW projects.

Hope this answers your questions.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Aah...Thank you Milton, that answers that!

I'll look forward to seeing the Avias somewhere down the line, as and when. I have the Avia's you've already converted (and pretty much all the rest!) and am enjoying them immensely.

Thanks again, Gary.

Members +
    Hi Milton,
    are we going to get the Howard 250 tail-dragger, and the Tri-Gear 250 for FS2004?

Regards,
    Robin

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    Hi Milton,
    are we going to get the Howard 250 tail-dragger, and the Tri-Gear 250 for FS2004?

Regards,
    Robin
    I have thought about it but lacked the motivation lately to get that done. The effort required is similar to converting to FSX native.

I will add to the request to the list for consideration.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Members who have read this thread: 0