Barrichello To Aussie S5000 Series

Thread: Barrichello To Aussie S5000 Series

Sadly I think this will be another dud.
    The cars have gone so far from the original concept they really have nothing in common with 'F5000'.
    Last time I looked they resemble an F3 Dallara on steroids, unsurprising as the chassis is (apparently) built by Dallara.
    Looks as if the CAMS muppets have decreed the F1 fashion should be followed, so the 'Halo' adds to the inherent ugliness.
    As for a proposed (unconfirmed at this point) 14 car grid, pathetic.
    Way back in the mid 1980s some idiot came up with 'Formula Brabham', essentially an F3000 fitted with the awful GMH iron V6.
    Several domestic build cars performed well, but eventually dropped out as people imported Reynard, March and Lola F3000 chassis rather than stand by the locals.
    We always were baffled as why CAMS sanctioned such a strange 'Australia only' series, especially when F3000 was run in Europe, the UK and Japan.
    And the Cosworth or Mugen engines sounded so much better than the Holden V6 drone.

This is what the revived F5000 cars looked like over 2 years ago.
    At least the engines should sound good provided they aren't emasculated!

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Did some in depth digging and the cars are constructed around an Onroak-Ligier tub en route from the USA by Gary Rogers Motorsport (Gary Rogers being one of the oldest V8 team owners).
    Apparently the Australian Racing Group, which is backed by a consortium of wealthy businessmen/enthusiasts, attempted to hook up with the Supercars and AGP people, who expressed no interest.
    ARG run the TCR Australia series so it's a given that the Supercars mob do not want them on the same bill, which nobbles the S5000 lot as well.
    Too add to the unknown factor, 'S5000' is just a working title, the official series 'name' is yet to be released.

TCR Australia is linked to the international 2 litre tourers, which actually provides some really competitive racing in cars that are readily recogniseable to the average motorist, but lack the V8 series appeal.

Another really stupid series has appeared this year, 'TransAm 2' or something like that, inspired (if one can use the word!) by a similar US series.
    A group of muppets running current generation Mustangs, Challengers and Camaros, with a 24 car grid (or thereabouts) at circuits with little or no spectator attendance.
    I say 'stupid' as this is another example of diluting an already over crowded racing calendar and diverting a shrinking financial pool away from more attractive series.
    The drivers in the TA2 field are either old (very old!) former V8 operatives or no talent weall off amateurs, hardly draw cards.

Must be time for my medication!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Lightbulb

The official S5000 website for more info.
    https://www.s5000.com.au

Members who have read this thread: 0