Tupolev Tu-144 "Charger" Updated for P3Dv4

Thread: Tupolev Tu-144 "Charger" Updated for P3Dv4

Tupolev Tu-144 "Charger" Updated for P3Dv4

https://yadi.sk/d/ku9v4n2uDOVIqQ

The download is very slow for me so that's about all I can say right now.

Reference this thread for info on the FSX original:
    https://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforu...4-Charger-v3-5

I stumbled across this Youtube video which is how I found out about the update. It'll lead you through the startup and a bit on how to use the flight computer too:
    https://youtu.be/EP0PA6apBnw

Excellent! Thanks for the links.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Slow eh? Makes Simviation look positively sprightly.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Hey guys, I was able to figure out the control configurator, start the engines, and take off (with a very long take off roll). The problem is I can't get the brakes to release. Has anyone else had this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJZ View Post
    Hey guys, I was able to figure out the control configurator, start the engines, and take off (with a very long take off roll). The problem is I can't get the brakes to release. Has anyone else had this problem?
    I haven't used it in ages but you may want to reverse your mapped brake axis.

Actually I JUST figured it out 30 minutes ago. All I had to was use pushback. I thought it had something to do with my simple control setup, (no rudder pedals, just a twist stick).

Now updated to 5.7 and available through the Russian Avsim file library.

https://www.avsim.su/f/p3d-samoleti-...5-7-68021.html

Also, a patch 5.7.1 is available here: https://avsimrus.com/forum/topic/900...e/59/#comments

As a reminder, this is a systems simulation of this infamous Soviet era supersonic transport. The latest update simplified a few of the control mappings but it still takes some studying to learn this bird. English-language documents covering the older version 3.5 for FSX are in the Simviation file library.

Glad to be able to fly this one again.

Well that was a palaver, getting the wee patch. That Yandex thing would not work at all using Chrome but I eventually thought Opera! and that worked. Strange as Opera is built upon Chrome. Must be some internal machinations.

Anyway thanks for the link Sean
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Anybody else have this problem: the controls move really slow, and it makes controlling the plane on approach and landing nearly impossible because it just ends up oscillating like crazy. Any way to speed up the response of the controls?

After solving some initial teething issues, I had this plane working well for me, but now I’ve got a new problem: I cannot get the parking brake to fully release! It travels about halfway and stops without fully releasing the brakes! I tried assigning an axis or button to the “emergency brake” command in the utility but nothing seems to work. I have no idea how it got screwed up seemingly out of the blue, and I can’t get the control utility (called “serv pribor”) to delete or reset the controls! Anyone run into this issue?

I know I'm necroing a dead thread, but the issue in my previous post mysteriously solved itself. Now I have another new problem. I can get through a whole flight without any problems, but when i disengage the autopilot, the airplane pitches up uncontrollably, even with the elevator trim fully nose down. Anybody have this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJZ View Post
    I know I'm necroing a dead thread, but the issue in my previous post mysteriously solved itself. Now I have another new problem. I can get through a whole flight without any problems, but when i disengage the autopilot, the airplane pitches up uncontrollably, even with the elevator trim fully nose down. Anybody have this problem?
    Not an answer to your question, but do you really expect to get through a TU-144 flight without any problems? If it is in anyway realistic you should have a minimum of half a dozen problems that may be fatal.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Members who have read this thread: 1