It's Lobster Time

Thread: It's Lobster Time

Hybrid View

It's Lobster Time

So, having survived the wilds of New Zealand, the mongrels of Flight 19 begged for some R&R. Thus, here we are in Baddeck, Nova Scotia - home of the Alexander Graham Bell Historical Site and very near the location of the first powered flight in the British Commonwealth (Feb 23, 1909).

On the agenda, some Digby scallops, Atlantic salmon, fresh fiddleheads and all the lobster we can find as we troll the Maritime Provinces and the NE USA. Open air flying in late summer - what could be better?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 19 Baddeck1 .jpg  

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Rob and I pulled into Trenton. Nice start!

On to PEI. Spotted a wind farm enroute.

Howdy!

Well, I finally got going in the Avro 621 Tudor, Sure had our problems getting her ready for the new adventure. Hehe, last we, Dudley and I, and Dudley is in the front cockpit, with me driving, and I mean driving it was had flying all the way to Chipman, New Brunswick, Canada. It has been a long time since I flew just hand flying. Sure glad to see the runway, but, boy did I make a crazy landing. Hehe we walked away so it was a good landing so some say! Towards the end of the this flight got the plane washed, it started to rain, and being drafty in an open cockpit, but, being wet and drafty it was darn uncomfortable! Our next flight we go into the good old USA! Maine me think. So we will let you know.

CCS4 to KHUL, hehe by goodness that is Maine.

...concerning the Avro 621 series biplanes and rain.....it shares a similar feature with the (much later) MGA roadster.

...At sixty mph and up....the rain will go right over the head, and pilot & passenger remain dry.

Simply avoid stoplights in the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by magoo View Post
    ...concerning the Avro 621 series biplanes and rain.....it shares a similar feature with the (much later) MGA roadster.

...At sixty mph and up....the rain will go right over the head, and pilot & passenger remain dry.

And Jeeps. As long as you keep moving, you're good. Once you stop......
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Quote Originally Posted by magoo View Post

That's awful close to Vne ( for the MG)

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Members who have read this thread: 0