How The Hell Has Everyone Been...

Thread: How The Hell Has Everyone Been...

How The Hell Has Everyone Been...

Long time no type gents,

Hope time is treating everyone okay. I just visited an email account that hasn't been opened in a while and found the sad news about NoDice. Too early for such a good soul. I will miss him indeed. It's sad to say, but when one reaches a certain age you find yourself going to more wakes than weddings. God bless you NoDice.
    Not wanting to end this on a sad note, it is good to see the familiar "hard core" Cfs2'ers.

I myself have had some detours on the road of life, but hey, who hasn't. Broke my femur a year ago last February and that event started a series of unplanned changes. But all is looking up lately. Got a roof over my head, food in the belly and flannel pajamas for the winter. What it all boils down to is getting use to retirement that really wasn't planned for...not yet.

I've got a new comp Win7 x 64 with a SSD courtesy of my nephew. I'm going to load up my back-ups and see what kind of damage I can do.

Take Care Guys,
    Dave

Reply...

Quote Originally Posted by dvslats View Post
    Long time no type gents,

Hope time is treating everyone okay. I just visited an email account that hasn't been opened in a while and found the sad news about NoDice. Too early for such a good soul. I will miss him indeed. It's sad to say, but when one reaches a certain age you find yourself going to more wakes than weddings. God bless you NoDice.
    Not wanting to end this on a sad note, it is good to see the familiar "hard core" Cfs2'ers.

I myself have had some detours on the road of life, but hey, who hasn't. Broke my femur a year ago last February and that event started a series of unplanned changes. But all is looking up lately. Got a roof over my head, food in the belly and flannel pajamas for the winter. What it all boils down to is getting use to retirement that really wasn't planned for...not yet.

I've got a new comp Win7 x 64 with a SSD courtesy of my nephew. I'm going to load up my back-ups and see what kind of damage I can do.

Take Care Guys,

Dave
    Hey Dave,

Sorry to hear of your recent troubles, but the last couple of weeks, it's felt like a geezer reunion for some longtime absent CFS2 folks. Looking forward to seeing you around again!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Good to see ya! Welcome back!

I've been fine, relaxing now after my therapy and 2 tough vacation trips. Your new rig sounds great and you;ll be flyin high in no time.

SW07
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!

Icon22

Hiya Dave!

Great to see you back in the saddle!

Cheers,
    Chris
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

Hi Dave,

Good to hear from you...

Well retirement's great, don't knock it...and it gives you loads of time to do the things (ie CFS2 etc) you love doing....dive on in, the water's warm!

Laughed at the flannel pjays..scarred for life now.

Cheers

Shessi

Thanks for the kind words gents. Yep, it's a geezer reunion in PJ's.

Interesting, just flying by as well.

Also Hi to everone around here!

I was not that deep into CFS2 as I had hoped some 5 years ago...

(Re)Built my old house, plenty of things to do at work and last week my 'large one' starting going to school...

My time is running damn fast at the moment, I have free time at the weekend as much as I had in one afternoon some years ago.
    Anyway, I am still in aviation business and will always love CFS2.

I noticed a few pretty nice addons, that I don`t have installed yet.

Best regards from Hamburg!

Jaxon

P.S.: I am very sad, hearing that No Dice has passed.
    Visit my CFS2-dedicated sites: CFS2 : Tips&Tricks + Downloads + A/C-Profiles + Links

(Re)Built my old house, plenty of things to do at work and last week my 'large one' starting going to school...
    It's good to see you posting Jax! So the one thing I have to ask...are you loosing any hair yet?

Icon23

Hi Dave!! Good to know about u.
    Hit hard, hit fast, hit where it hurts and keep hitting.

Icon26

Well hello Mario! It has been a while. I hope you and the family are well.

Welcome back Dvslats.
    Retirement is great. Sometimes you find yourself thinking.
    "How in the world did I find time for work."

Regards,
    B24Guy

Icon26

Thanks B24 Guy.

It'll take some getting use to. I'm sure you know how routines are for us humans.

A friend asked someone how he liked being retired and the reply was he missed having days off

Quote Originally Posted by voyager View Post
    A friend asked someone how he liked being retired and the reply was he missed having days off
    Yes, having something to look forward to. We all need it...

Members who have read this thread: 0