FSX Native S2 Turbo Tracker Fire Tanker Now Ready
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FSX Native S2 Turbo Tracker Fire Tanker Now Ready

FSX Native S2 Turbo Tracker Fire Tanker Now Ready

The Grumman S2 Turbo - Ca. Dept. of Forestry
    An FSX Native version Fire Tanker

by Milton Shupe, Scott Thomas, Tom Fliger, Nigel Richards, Rachel Whiteford, and Jan Visser crafted pilot figure.

This Grumman Tracker S2T(urbo) Marsh Conversion features Functional VC model included, includes one Aircraft with three textures, authentic custom sounds, and custom panels with aircraft specific gauges, with texture bump and spec capabilities included.

These authentic CDF textures were done by Rachel Whiteford, aka "Firekitten".

Note: Has been tested in FSXA only. All should work in P3D except possibly the retardant effect.

You can see the download here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...4&linkid=25671
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-2019-aug-14-004 (Large).jpg   ms-2019-aug-14-007 (Large).jpg   ms-2019-aug-14-019 (Large).jpg   ms-2019-aug-14-022 (Large).jpg   ms-2019-aug-14-014.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Awesome! I know what I'm flying this weekend.

Thanks again Milton !
    Firefighter X here I come !

Sweet ride, Milton! Kudos to you and team!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dropping retards.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	70804
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Thank you, Milton. I am so glad whenever a Shupe plane is released.
    Last edited by semo; August 15th, 2019 at 12:30.

Thanks very much Mr. Shupe. Yet another excellent, top of the line, payware quality aircraft in the hangar. Christmas all year long!

Great news Milton, I can't tell you how happy I am to see another of your classics refurbished again.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Hey guys; thanks for the comments. I'm just happy that these products still provide some flying pleasure for you.

I have the French civilian one as a WIP at the moment. It will require 3-5 days to complete.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Conair (Medium).jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Beautiful water birds Milton thanks.

Conversion completed and should have this out by day's end.

Sweet flyer, easy taxi, and sweet livery by Ferondoe.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-2019-aug-17-001.jpg   ms-2019-aug-17-002.jpg   ms-2019-aug-16-008.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Very, very nice indeed lads!

Thank you for your hard work!

this is not a complaint or anything of the sort,just a conversational comment.but it would have been nice to see a T89 in Joe "Hoser" Satrapa livery,yes i know that the only difference would be his name under the windows,but he was such a well loved pilot by ground pounders as well as other pilots,something in his memory would be nice.id even get fsx back just to fly it.lol

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    this is not a complaint or anything of the sort,just a conversational comment.but it would have been nice to see a T89 in Joe "Hoser" Satrapa livery,yes i know that the only difference would be his name under the windows,but he was such a well loved pilot by ground pounders as well as other pilots,something in his memory would be nice.id even get fsx back just to fly it.lol

Hi Dave,

I understand your sentiment.

Keep in mind that I simply converted this 2013 project to FSX native. There is no one on this project but me and I do not do paints. :-) The paints were done in 2013 by Firekitten.

I agree, it would be nice if someone could do that paint scheme.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Conversion completed and should have this out by day's end.

Sweet flyer, easy taxi, and sweet livery by Ferondoe.
    Hello Milton,
    You could have asked me the french texture since it was me who did it, it would have made me happy.
    Regards
    Marty

Quote Originally Posted by ferondoe View Post
    Hello Milton,
    You could have asked me the french texture since it was me who did it, it would have made me happy.
    Regards
    Marty
    Hi Marty. :-)

Yes, I know well who did this beautiful livery. I was going to release this without bumps and specs and there was nothing required to be done to the textures if that was the situation.

However, about 2 hours ago, I decided to add bumps and specs and that is now done and tested.

I started to email you earlier to let you know and see if you wanted to enhance the existing textures to take advantage of the FSX features, but decided I would just send you the package anyway once all the changes were tested. I have just completed the testing and will upload a package for you.

Of course, it is your decision whether to enhance the textures or not.

Thanks

EDIT: Marty. my comments above regarding Firekitten's paints were regarding the thread original S2TCDF release for the California Dept. Of Forestry, not the version you painted.
    Last edited by Milton Shupe; August 17th, 2019 at 16:18.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hi Marty. :-)

Yes, I know well who did this beautiful livery. I was going to release this without bumps and specs and there was nothing required to be done to the textures if that was the situation.

However, about 2 hours ago, I decided to add bumps and specs and that is now done and tested.

I started to email you earlier to let you know and see if you wanted to enhance the existing textures to take advantage of the FSX features, but decided I would just send you the package anyway once all the changes were tested. I have just completed the testing and will upload a package for you.

Of course, it is your decision whether to enhance the textures or not.

Thanks
    Yes of course it will be a pleasure to improve.
    Marty

Marty
    On the old model for the French version there was wingtanks_t.
    Marty

Marty
    the Tracker French civil safety model does not have a sharp nose, but more rounded, and the exhaust nozzles are positioned differently.
    Marty

Great timing and nicely done FSX native conversion, just watched one launch from Redding,CA a couple of days ago. Log in to SOH, and here's a thread on it!
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Marty
    Marty,

The release you painted (s2t civilian PT6 version) is a different model from the one that Firekitten painted.

If you look at the pics I posted with your livery, it is the S2Turbo with wing tanks. That is the model I am working on now and just finished converting to FSX native.

That is the model I uploaded for you; link I sent in email.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Marty
    Okay Marty, I will await your updates before I release the civilian version.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Okay Marty, I will await your updates before I release the civilian version.
    Franck C. est mort vendredi après-midi dans le crash de son avion Tracker alors qu'il luttait contre un incendie à Générac dans le Gard.
    © Sécurité civile Franck C., pilote du Tracker "Héros français" pour Emmanuel Macron, "Francky" pour les 90 pilotes de bombardiers d'eau de la Sécurité civile, Franck C. est mort ce vendredi dans l'accident de son avion Tracker. Le pilote combattait les flammes d'un incendie qui a ravagé plus de 300 hectares de forêt à Générac, dans le Gard, quand il s'est écrasé.
    "Le pilote, qui était en phase descendante, est entré dans une colonne de fumée très épaisse et a percuté la cime des arbres", a indiqué une source proche de l'enquête à l'AFP. "C'est un problème d'estimation du pilote qui est entré dans un nuage très sombre et a perdu ses repères", a-t-elle poursuivi.
    Ancien pilote de chasse

La victime, âgée d'une cinquantaine d'années, était pourtant un pilote expérimenté. Sur Twitter, un collègue, avec qui il avait récemment échangé sur les risques de feux de forêt, décrit quelqu'un de "compétent" et de "humble".
    Avant de faire partie des pompiers du ciel, cet homme marié et père de deux enfants avait été pilote de chasse. Il avait volé pendant plusieurs années sur "un Mirage 2000", a précisé samedi le ministre de l'Intérieur, Christophe Castaner. Par ailleurs, il avait "piloté l'intégralité des avions qui combattent les incendies dans le cadre de la sécurité civile", a ajouté le ministre.
    "Heureux et fier"

"Il était heureux et fier, c'est ce que son épouse m'a rappelé, de piloter un Tracker", a confié Christophe Castaner. Selon le journal La Provence, Franck C. était aussi pompier volontaire au Sdis des Bouches-du-Rhône.
    Pour comprendre les causes et les circonstances de l'accident qui a coûté la vie à ce pilote, une enquête a été ouverte sous l'autorité du parquet et confiée à la section de recherches de gendarmerie de Nîmes, ainsi que du côté du Bureau enquêtes accidents.
    La rédaction vous conseille:
    L'âge de départ, point critique de la réforme des retraites (BFMTV)
    Après la mort du fils d'O. Ben Laden, où en est Al-Qaïda? (BFMTV)
    Crash dans le Gard: 2 suspects interpellés (AFP)
    Alerte à la «maladie des rats», 3 baigneurs infectés (Franceinfo)

While Ferondoe is working to enhance the French Civil version, I have started converting the military version of the S2 Turbo with search light, boom, and other goodies.

This one may require a week to do.

Not sure if Dave Stewart is still around but he painted the liveries on this one. I will enable bumps and specs if would like to enhance the liveries. Otherwise, I will use place holders.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-2019-aug-18-005.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2013-nov-2-003 (Medium).jpg   HOMEUNIT-2013-nov-2-009 (Medium).jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hey guys; thanks for the comments. I'm just happy that these products still provide some flying pleasure for you.

I have the French civilian one as a WIP at the moment. It will require 3-5 days to complete.
    Hi Uncle Milton

You read my mind

THANK YOU FOR BOTH

Roland

While Ferondoe is working to enhance the French Civil version, I have started converting the military version of the S2 Turbo with search light, boom, and other goodies.

This one may require a week to do.

Not sure if Dave Stewart is still around but he painted the liveries on this one. I will enable bumps and specs if would like to enhance the liveries. Otherwise, I will use place holders.

Now released and available. Tested only in FSXA. May require some tweaking of tailhook but worked fine for me.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d.php?t=116680
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 2