Wozza's Texan

Thread: Wozza's Texan

Blog Entries

Wozza's Texan

Hello,

I really enjoyed and got good use out of Wozza's Texan in FSX.

In P3Dv4.5, I have issues starting it, and also have some weird untextured instrument panel parts. Is anyone out there using this plane in P3D successfully?

Yes, I know about the A2A version, but am not looking for a payware solution if I can avoid it. Plus Wozza had a tailhook SNJ version, so that's my preference.

thanks,

dl

I had forgotten about this one. I couldn't find my original Wozza T-6 download, so I searched around, found a version 1.1 on AVSim,
    and tried that one:

https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=fsds_t6_ver1.1.zip

I took the RCAF paint out for a quick spin, and no particular problems. The vc is a bit low resolution compared to modern payware
    offerings, but the instrument panel was sharp enough and the instruments easily readable.

I didn't do a full cold and dark start, I just turned on the fuel valve (back by the pilot's left elbow), turned the magneto on the front panel
    to Both, cracked the throttle a bit, hit Control+E, and the plane started up. I did have to hold the Control+E down a bit though before the
    engine caught.

Hope that helps - RobM

Blog Entries
    Thanks Rob! I somehow missed your reply.

I've got a weird glazing / non-texturing over the radio panels. I'll redownload it, though, and see if that cures it.

I had simply dragged my copy over from my old FSX install - maybe I've got something funky going on with a shared texture or something.

cheers,

dl

PS - on a somewhat related note, I'm tempted to buy the P3D version of the Carenado T-34. I had the FSX one for years, and really liked it, but I hear it won't work in FSX, only the P3D version will. I really enjoyed that as a primary trainer.

I looked in the Wozza's panel.cfg, and it uses the KingAir_radio dll for the radio stack. I have that in my main P3Dv4 Gauges folder.
    I think that may be a default gauge made to work in P3Dv4, but I'm not sure. Anyway, maybe check that you have that.

-RobM

Blog Entries
    Reinstalled it, and now it's working fine. Added John T's superb VC textures and a couple of SNJ paints - I'm now set to fly basic training flights in the early 50s!

Thanks,

dl

Just a final thought. If you're still looking for relatively inexpensive good quality payware two seat trainer from around that period,
    and if you don`t already have it, have you ever considered Ant`s T28 Trojan?:

https://www.antsairplanes.com/trojan.html

P3Dv4 compatible, and an easy plane to recommend.

Just a thought. - RobM

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    Just a final thought. If you're still looking for relatively inexpensive good quality payware two seat trainer from around that period,
    and if you don`t already have it, have you ever considered Ant`s T28 Trojan?:

https://www.antsairplanes.com/trojan.html

P3Dv4 compatible, and an easy plane to recommend.

Just a thought. - RobM
    Yes - have the payware model - love it. Far better / more detailed model, for sure. In fact, I'd shelved the T-6 after coming over to P3Dv4, and reinstalling the P3D version of the T-28. I prefer it by far.

For training flights, especially formation and patterns, I enjoy when my plane and the AIs are somewhat matching. I'm trying to cobble a "retro NAS Pensacola" from around the mid-50s, and absent an AI T-28, plan on building an AI-T-6 (SNJ) traffic set focused on John Young's AI MAIW Texan. A simple yellow post-war/50s repaint and it's done.

With the focus on the AI Texan I remembered the FSX Texan, and hence why I'm here.

All that said, if anyone knows of either an AI T-28 or of a post-war USN repaint for the the AI T-6, I'd be much obliged.

cheers,

dl

Members who have read this thread: 0