Starter for 10

Thread: Starter for 10

SOH-CM-2020

Starter for 10

OK, how many Ki series Japanese aircraft do you have (not counting a, b, c variants)?

I have seven at a quick look - Haven't checked RS yet, just my backups.

Ki 27 Nate
    Ki 32 Mary
    Ki 43 Oscar
    Ki 44 Tojo
    Ki 48 Lily
    Ki 51 Sonia
    Ki 84 Frank

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    I also have the Ki-61 and Ki-100 ,but they are from alphasim JAAF addon aircraft set.

I have those plus several stand-ins made by reskinning similar looking aircraft.

Ki-9 Spruce
    Ki-10 Perry
    Ki-21 Sally
    Ki-61 Tony
    Ki-76 Sella
    Ki-100 Fred
    Ki-200 Shusui
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Blog Entries
    Don't get me started,but this is one thing CFS3 seriously lacks is Japanese fighters and bombers along with seaplanes. That is the main reason why i got back into CFS2 and IL-2 '46. Everything is well covered in those sims. Maybe someday someone will tackle this for us,but it seems unlikely. My favorite would be the J2M3 Raiden-(Jack). Love those Ki aircraft though,especially the Ki-84. Thanks for bringing this up. Love the PTO ! Regards,Scott

Ki-27
    Ki-43
    Ki-44
    Ki-61
    Ki-84
    Ki-100

Not counting a number of subvariants of each except the -27. These are not repaints of similar aircraft.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by ndicki View Post
    Ki-27
    Ki-43
    Ki-44
    Ki-61
    Ki-84
    Ki-100

Not counting a number of subvariants of each except the -27. These are not repaints of similar aircraft.
    Hi Nigel, the ones you don't have are the ones Corrado offered up a few years ago - they are probably downloadable here at SOH, but if not, should be on his website?

Cheers - I haven't actually been to look. Corrado's aircraft were brilliant for CFS1, pretty good for CFS2, but... need refreshing for CFS3, shall we say!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by ndicki View Post
    Cheers - I haven't actually been to look. Corrado's aircraft were brilliant for CFS1, pretty good for CFS2, but... need refreshing for CFS3, shall we say!
    yes, the modern skin maestros (yourself included) make all the old textures look tired! There are some exceptions in stock and older textures. As Graycap has mentioned, some original skins look terrific with Ankor's shaders, even without a bump map. A good example is the Firepower Me410 summer skin. All the fastenings stand out crisply, the specular sheen seems to be just right (well on my monitor, anyway).

Blog Entries
    There are some terrific aircraft for the PTO in CFS2. Wish if there is a way to covert some of them for CFS3 it would be fantastic ! Is it difficult ? Is there a lot of work involved such as air files and such ? Just wondering...

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by sixstrings5859 View Post
    There are some terrific aircraft for the PTO in CFS2. Wish if there is a way to covert some of them for CFS3 it would be fantastic ! Is it difficult ? Is there a lot of work involved such as air files and such ? Just wondering...
    Yes, it is possible (see as a very good example the Handley Page Hampden), but yes, it is also a lot of work. Much more than air files etc. I've been wanting to convert some CFS2 ships to CFS3, a much smaller job (especially as the models are already in GMax format). But I find that while on chemo it is too much for my addled brain.

Blog Entries
    Sorry for your health problems.I will pray for you. Take care Bro...

Members who have read this thread: 0