NASCAR Michigan

Thread: NASCAR Michigan

Lightbulb NASCAR Michigan

Wow - Toyota totally blasted during quals....

Can't have a non-Detroit car in the top tier of starters in Michigan, can we?

The Toyota's just didn't seem to have much speed at Michigan, at least not in qualifying. We'll see how they race. And Jimmie Johnson is desperately clinging to the 16th and last spot for the "play offs". We might see today if his new crew chief is going to help him find his way to the "play offs" of if the root of Jimmie's lack of performance is in the driver's seat.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Since there are never more than 40 entries each week anymore (thanks to the "charter" system), speedway qualifications have become useless. I am sure Gibbs' Toyotas will be on front before lap 30...

Sadly, these days every team that shows up gets to race and it's never more than 40 cars showing up. I remember back before The Great Recession when you would have cars going home because they failed to qualify, only the fastest 43 cars got to race. It was really interesting back then, but now it's more corporate racing, not little teams or individuals looking to get their big break into racing.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxane-21 View Post
    I am sure Gibbs' Toyotas will be on front before lap 30...
    Lap 35... I was almost right...

Members who have read this thread: 0