Just Flight Hawk T1/A Trainer - 50% off

Thread: Just Flight Hawk T1/A Trainer - 50% off

Just Flight Hawk T1/A Trainer - 50% off

I already have the Hawk in FSX/P3D, but thought it would be pretty good to have in XP11 also, mainly due to better VR performance in XP11.

JULY NEWSLETTER OFFERS END THIS WEEKEND!

Just a quick reminder that both*HALF*PRICE*subscriber offers in our July
    Newsletter end at midnight on Sunday 11 August!

Hawk T1/A Advanced Trainer

for X-Plane 11

50% OFF*-*ONLY*£14.99 / €18.95 / $22.49
    Use Discount Code:*FLIGHTJULY

(normally £29.99 / €37.95 / $44.99)
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    I’m really thinking about getting this. There aren’t very many military aircraft in xp-11. Plus, there are some really good reviews on x-planned and xplanereviews.

Yeah that's what I thought too Bob. I don't have any payware military aircraft in XP11, and even though I have it in FSX/P3D, XP11 is a different sim altogether, and has a totally different feel to it. I was just this minute thinking of taking the Hawk for a flight at night in XP11. I did a night flight around TE Washington earlier today in the Cessna, and OMG, XP11 night flying is something else. It felt so real.

It's funny, I have the Hawk in DCS World, and I always held off getting the Just Flight version for FSX/P3D because I already had a very good simulation of it in DCS. Now I have three versions of it. A bit of overkill maybe, but oh well. I always justify it to myself by the fact that I don't spend money on alcohol or tobacco anymore.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    I bought it and only just quickly looked at it. Detail is fantastic. If you really want to know more go to the .org store, find it and hit the reviews button. All very positive.

time is running out!

Bob

I had a problem with the x-plane version not playing nicely with my hardware setup. I use a warthog hotas and could not get the throttle to idle. Taxiing was a nightmare as a result. Support offered me a number of ideas to try, however nothing short of reprogramming the logic will help me. It has to do with the custom throttle system that was developed for the Hawk with that startup procedure.

The aircraft looks great and is nimble as I would expect a fast jet trainer to be. If you can deal with the ground idle setting with different hardware, then it would be a steal at this price and great fun...

A

Andrew Entwistle
    Germany
    Per Ardua ad Astra

Quote Originally Posted by alehead View Post
    I had a problem with the x-plane version not playing nicely with my hardware setup. I use a warthog hotas and could not get the throttle to idle. Taxiing was a nightmare as a result. Support offered me a number of ideas to try, however nothing short of reprogramming the logic will help me. It has to do with the custom throttle system that was developed for the Hawk with that startup procedure.

The aircraft looks great and is nimble as I would expect a fast jet trainer to be. If you can deal with the ground idle setting with different hardware, then it would be a steal at this price and great fun...

A

Andrew Entwistle
    Germany

I have just had my first taxi around in the Hawk and I didn't notice the same idle problem. I also use the HOTAS Warthog. I noticed it sat at about 70% RPM with my lever pulleed right back, and then as I increased it very slightly just mm by mm the RPM reduced down to 65% and then started increasing with more movement after that. The engine control seemed to be OK for me. The steering was another issue though! The toe brakes are really touchy and that makes turning really difficult as the Hawk has no NWS. I am about to alter the ACF file to add some fictional nose wheel steering because it the plane is really difficult to taxi as it is. About time they added some NWS to the real one anyway . There is a post on XP org on how to add nose wheel steering:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php...omment-1492575

Cheers,

Actually I have now noticed some issues with a high idle. With no throttle applied, and with no braking the aircraft will accelerate on the ground. It also seems to take a bit to wash off speed when setting up for an approach.

I'm a bit annoyed with the touchy toe brakes too. I adjusted the acf file to add fictional nose wheel steering, but that's not a great solution as the aircraft skids and fishtails a bit on takeoff and especially on landing. Wil have to see if I can find some entry to adjust toe braking power to make it easier to taxi without NWS.

Members who have read this thread: 0