Douglas C- 47R Skytrain Beta V3.14 Brake sounds

Thread: Douglas C- 47R Skytrain Beta V3.14 Brake sounds

Douglas C- 47R Skytrain Beta V3.14 Brake sounds

Trying to find out where the squeaking brake effect/sounds are located for this plane?

Thanks

SimObjects\Airplanes\Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.1406\panel\DGSounds\SB01_Brakes.wav

"Radial engines don't leak oil....they're just marking their territory"
    If they aren't leaking or burning it you have problems... Out of oil!

Roman
    Last edited by spokes2112; August 9th, 2019 at 07:55.
    Roman

Hi grey eagle
    Check your PM's

Regards Paul Day.

Hi Paul...

...check your PMs.

Kent

Looking to add same brake sound to other P3D V3 aircraft.

How can the C-47 brake sounds be adapted to other aircraft

or is there another sound package that would work?

I have a kit that will work, needs transposing from the current project into something that can be used easily for many aircraft.
    It features user adjustable left brake / right brake stereo panning along with variable interior / exterior volumes.
    About 75% done with the transposing.. The difficult part will be the readme.. ( hate it! )
    Should be done in a few hours.

Roman
    Roman

Quote Originally Posted by spokes2112 View Post
    I have a kit that will work, needs transposing from the current project into something that can be used easily for many aircraft.
    It features user adjustable left brake / right brake stereo panning along with variable interior / exterior volumes.
    About 75% done with the transposing.. The difficult part will be the readme.. ( hate it! )
    Should be done in a few hours.

Roman
    Sounds good,

Took a little longer than thought, found 1 small bug, now corrected and the Sunday's "Honey Do" list interrupted a few times.
    You may get the little kit here.
    Hope it works well for you.

Roman
    Roman

Took a little longer than thought, found 1 small bug, now corrected and the Sunday's "Honey Do" list interrupted a few times.
    You may get the little kit here.
    Hope it works well for you.

Roman
    I got your composition. Thanks.

I'll need to study your directions a bit before proceeding. The values you have in yellow, what values are they supposed to be at? As shown or...something else?

As shown should be a good base to start with..
    It is what i used in the Tigercat.
    Roman

As shown should be a good base to start with..
    It is what i used in the Tigercat.
    Just wanted to let you know it works Using that jpg you supplied, I will adjust the sounds; A bit loud and I will have to tweak the volume down a tad.
    Are all four wav sounds required?

Now I can add this kit to some of my old piston pounding military aircraft.

Appreciate it.

Thanks again -

Yeah.. all 4 are required because of the panning & volume.
    If just one sound is loaded then that 1 sound follows the last known pan / vol for the sound and does follow the newer instructions given.
    Example:
    Turning left using diff brakes on left side, then apply both brakes - only the left will be heard.
    Using 4 sounds will get rid of this. BUT..
    I Will look into it more. I don't like it either.
    The internals on how the gauge uses the windows sound system is just a little confusing for me.
    Will try more in the next day or 2..

"A bit loud and I will have to tweak the volume down a tad." - That is why the settings are there..

Glad it worked for you and the readme was understandable.. Can write code better than readme's !!
    Roman

A new day and some freshly brewed coffee has helped create a new version that only uses 1 sound file and is much more efficient in the gauge coding.
    Same link as before --> here.
    If the kit was already installed from post #8 then make sure to read "READ FIRST IF UPDATING.txt".
    Roman

A new day and some freshly brewed coffee has helped create a new version that only uses 1 sound file and is much more efficient in the gauge coding.
    Same link as before --> here.
    If the kit was already installed from post #8 then make sure to read "READ FIRST IF UPDATING.txt".
    I've pretty much installed the brake_Squeal Mod 1 kit 'cept for the diagram that I am trying to interpret.

Step 1. By "introduce" you mean to create a new wav file or rename the one already there?
    Step 2. Same thing "introduce"? ,,,,,, create new one

Going from original four wav sounds to just one makes me wonder why four to begin with?

That .jpg is only if you want to have different sound files for different types of aircraft. It is just an option if you want to go that far. IE..
    - The included sound in the kit for WWII aircraft
    - A different sound for kerosene burning aluminum pressurized tubes
    - A different sound for medium GA
    - A different sound for light GA

Step 1. Introduce = create a new one, or copy one over from some other aircraft
    Step 2. Create a new .ini from a renamed copy of "Brake_Squeal_Global.ini", modifying it to call the newly created / copied sound file in step one ( The red underlined part )

4 of the same exact files (just renamed 1 thru 4) was a misunderstanding of how the sound gauge works and an older set of working, but not exactly correct, xml code.
    A complete recode of the xml deemed it unnecessary to have 4 sounds for each of the panning / volume types.
    Roman

That .jpg is only if you want to have different sound files for different types of aircraft. It is just an option if you want to go that far. IE..
    - The included sound in the kit for WWII aircraft
    - A different sound for kerosene burning aluminum pressurized tubes
    - A different sound for medium GA
    - A different sound for light GA

Step 1. Introduce = create a new one, or copy one over from some other aircraft
    Step 2. Create a new .ini from a renamed copy of "Brake_Squeal_Global.ini", modifying it to call the newly created / copied sound file in step one ( The red underlined part )

4 of the same exact files (just renamed 1 thru 4) was a misunderstanding of how the sound gauge works and an older set of working, but not exactly correct, xml code.
    A complete recode of the xml deemed it unnecessary to have 4 sounds for each of the panning / volume types.
    Okay, thanks for the info. I completed all the steps in the Kit1 then I was reading that jpg and was wondering if all that in the jpg was necessary.
    I didn't do any of the steps mentioned in it but I did copy new files supplied and then did a test with the aircraft I was using for the first kit you made
    and the brakes squeal like before and I will have to lower the volume a little - guess that is done with that accessing the Brake_Squeal_Aircraft_Gauge.xml.

I now understand that you was trying to create a custom brake sound based on aircraft type.

Thanks for the help and info

Edit: Is it a lower number to decrease volume?

<Macro Name="Brk2">-250</Macro> <!-- BRAKE VOLUME - INTERIOR VIEWS, 0 = MAX, -3000 = INAUDIBLE -->
    <Macro Name="Brk3">-750</Macro> <!-- BRAKE VOLUME - EXTERIOR VIEWS, 0 = MAX, -3000 = INAUDIBLE -->

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Edit: Is it a lower number to decrease volume?

<Macro Name="Brk2">-250</Macro> <!-- BRAKE VOLUME - INTERIOR VIEWS, 0 = MAX, -3000 = INAUDIBLE -->
    <Macro Name="Brk3">-750</Macro> <!-- BRAKE VOLUME - EXTERIOR VIEWS, 0 = MAX, -3000 = INAUDIBLE -->
    The more negative the number, the more the volume is decreased.

0 = no reduction in sound
    -1500 = approximately 1/2 the volume of the original sound
    -3000 = almost fully muted
    Roman

Members who have read this thread: 0