CD_Airfield_Buildings_Library_4.0 released!

Thread: CD_Airfield_Buildings_Library_4.0 released!

Icon22 CD_Airfield_Buildings_Library_4.0 released!

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Scenery Add-Ons

Description: CD Airfield Buildings Library 4.0

This is the fourth edition of the Airfield Buildings macros created by Cees Donker converted into library objects which can be used as GSL scenery. The package includes files for RAF watch offices, hangars, maintenance sheds, stores, huts, barracks, as well as rolling stock, a bridge and a church. Three dozen Dutch airfield and associated objects have been added in this edition.

This project was begun by Sander de Cocq and continued by Kevin Driver. Robert John Sprackland made the armoury and the underground fuel tank destructible in the first edition released in 2014.

In the second edition, released in 2015, Allen Downey took on the monumental task of modifying these objects to make them all destructible and more frame rate friendly. He added LODs to the needed models (those over 150 polygons). Damaged/destroyed models were added for all objects. He also reworked some objects and textures. Kevin Driver corrected a couple of texture naming issues in 2016.

In the third edition Kevin Driver converted objects from Cees Donker's FS2004 Dutch airfields scenery packages into GSL library objects. Once again Robert Sprackland stepped in to do the heavy lifting by modifying the Dutch hangars, making them destructible and fixing texture issues.

This fourth edition has Cees Donker's latest authentic FSX and FS2004 Dutch buildings added to the package. Conversion of these and the remaining objects from the third edition to destructible GSL objects was done by Allen Downey and Kevin Driver.

by Cees Donker

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit CD_Airfield_Buildings_Library_4.0.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

My appreciation goes to all of those who put in work on this package. I use it extensively because it is sooo good.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Lovely work. The small buildings are really versatile as well. This really is one of the must haves. Thanks Cees, Allen and Kevin.

Icon22 Reply...

I agree with both comments; these airfield buildings have become indispensable to airfield building and in mission builder. A hearty thank you to all involved.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!

Icon22

Really a nice package guys. Thanks to all involved.

I only have one install of CFS2, PTO, so I am constantly running up against my OBJECTS_DP limits, and having to delete a few to add a few. But I went through the INFO folder and picked out 9 that I will add to my set up- mostly watch-offices. I also like that little CD_BombStore object. I have always thought something similar would be nice for the PTO- lose the grass, add sand.

One object I had never heard of, is a caravan. Had no clue what they were so had to look them up. Found a neat thread about them here

Cheers,
    MR
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

Library Staff
    Hi Chris,

If you would like to see the caravan in action, as well as bomb stores and Wimpeys, watch "Target For Tonight" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDTLeFl8cXU

Standby for all the lovely new Dutch airfield buildings in an upcoming scenery package.

Cheers,
    Kevin

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!

Icon22

Oh, yeah! I have watched that movie before- on Amazon. I'll watch it again with special attention to caravans, bomb stores and Wimpeys!

Thanks, Kevin.

MR
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

Thank you Cees , As well the pic and shovelers , that assist and make cfs-2 a joy to work with,

Thanks Cees and the team, very useful and great detail/addition.

Cheers

Shessi

It is nice to see people continue to refine & improve on the eye candy for this old sim. It really improves the immersion factor. Many thanks gents!

Members who have read this thread: 0