CalClassic L1649 Starliner crashes FSX

Thread: CalClassic L1649 Starliner crashes FSX

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries

CalClassic L1649 Starliner crashes FSX

I'm looking for anyone who's installed the CalClassic L1649 Starliner, version 4.0, into FSX and has had it crash their sim. Installed it IAW instructions on the CalClassic website, including the FSX model fixes that were posted on the website in June of this year. I transferred the TWA texture into the aircraft folder as recommended on the website and double-checked to ensure its entry was exactly the same as the Lufthansa texture that ships with the basic aircraft. Everything duplicated right down the line to include changing the .air file entry to "L1649Amk4." Did I miss a step here or is there a fix or patch I don't know about?

Somewhere in the back of my mind is something that had to be done re: commenting out some lines in the aircraft .cfg file, I think having to do with superchargers - does the same thing have to be done with the 1649, or am I even thinking of the same aircraft?

I normally fly the L-1049 TWA. I have downloaded all the things it said to and when I get back this afternoon I'll give it a go!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

SS01 I think you will find this has been extensively covered over at Cal Classic, it is a guage issue as I recall and yes there is a fix - I think there was a mix up re the various latest versions of the model and gauges which could lead you to having one version with older stuff inside. It has been fixed.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    A little busy here with RW medical matters - I'll have a look at CC forums.

Members who have read this thread: 0