Install Folder

Thread: Install Folder

Install Folder

Just a quick question. Which folder do you guys have CFS2 installed in? "Program Files" or "Program Files (x86)? I'm running Windows 10.

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!
    Hiya kwb737

I run Windows8.1 and have it installed to C:\Simming Related\Microsoft Games.

But I'm guessing by default it probably installs to C:\Program Files (x86).

Does a pop up a window come up telling you where it intends to install and asking if you want to install somewhere else? That's the usual routine. I'll bet it probably chooses C:\Program Files (x86)

MR
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

Thanks Maskrider. I had a glitch in my PC that made me lose cfs2, so I'm replacing cfs2 from a copy I made. And for the life of me can't remember which folder it was installed in. Senior moment! LOL!!

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!

Icon22

A straight paste from a copy might not work.

Try it and see if it works. If it does then fine you are back in business.

If not then it may be necessary to:

1. Temporarily rename the folder where you pasted you CFS2 copy, for example: rename C:\Simming Related\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator 2 to C:\Simming Related\Microsoft Games\Copy Combat Flight Simulator 2
    2. Install CFS2 to the same C:\Simming Related\Microsoft Games directory from the disks. and then
    3. Delete the newly created install directory and rename the C:\Simming Related\Microsoft Games\Copy Combat Flight Simulator 2 back to C:\Simming Related\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator 2

Heh heh, pretty sure that will do it.

Cheers,
    MR
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

I created a "Microsoft Games" folder in my "Program Files (x86)" folder the did a straight copy and paste into the "Microsoft Games" folder and it worked like a charm! I'm up and running! Thanks to all!

Members who have read this thread: 0