Is there a B-1B Lancer compatible with P3DV4?

Thread: Is there a B-1B Lancer compatible with P3DV4?

Is there a B-1B Lancer compatible with P3DV4?

I thought there was, but not finding one.....NC

I would expect the Virtavia one to work. We used xml based gauges so 64-bit isn't an issue.
    Don't get the one from Steam as it will only work on steam and they stripped all of my textures down to the stencil level.
    Try PC Aviator instead. Virtavia titles are almost always 50% there and since it's Tuesday you get an extra 10% off.
    A lot of work went into the research of that one. One of the better efforts for sure. Textures rock as well. :-)

Some P3Dv4 images: https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewt...=6312&t=134211

The Virtavia B-1B works fine for me.

I have had no problem with it, mine is Tacpacked as well. I think someone did a XML gauge for basically a combat systems officer, basically a bombardier/radar navigator in my day.
    Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fac Fortia Et Patere

Blog Entries
    If memory serves, Pierre Llerreux did a "B-1A" / early SAC prototype repaint, I believe for the FS9 model on Avsim.

Anyone know if this FSX version is able to display those repaints from the FS9 model, much like the FSX F-111 can employ the repaints from the FS9 F-

Quote Originally Posted by docjohnson View Post
    I have had no problem with it, mine is Tacpacked as well. I think someone did a XML gauge for basically a combat systems officer, basically a bombardier/radar navigator in my day.
    Do you know where to find that gauge? If I can get a tacpack enabled BONE, then I would go buy the Virtavia model.

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    If memory serves, Pierre Llerreux did a "B-1A" / early SAC prototype repaint, I believe for the FS9 model on Avsim.

Anyone know if this FSX version is able to display those repaints from the FS9 model, much like the FSX F-111 can employ the repaints from the FS9 F-
    No, we remapped it for the FSX version.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    No, we remapped it for the FSX version.
    Bummer. But I understand why the new model might need it.

Thanks for the reply.

dl

+1 ejoiner, I love my swing wings. Down a You Tube worm hole and found this, which also has me thinking of a bomber purchase:

https://youtu.be/fdlrDeQqyy0
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    +1 ejoiner, I love my swing wings. Down a You Tube worm hole and found this, which also has me thinking of a bomber purchase:

https://youtu.be/fdlrDeQqyy0
    That is awesome! I would love to be able to do that at night in the heavy weather.

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post

If your still wanting the SAC repaint for the FSX version send me a pm with email addy and I'll send you the version I did for it.
    Meanwhile, this thread got me wanting to tinker with the fs9 version so I set off to convert it to P3D for my own personal use.
    And here she is doing her first test flight around Edwards wearing Pierre Llerreux paint.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Butcherbird17 View Post
    If your still wanting the SAC repaint for the FSX version send me a pm with email addy and I'll send you the version I did for it.
    Meanwhile, this thread got me wanting to tinker with the fs9 version so I set off to convert it to P3D for my own personal use.
    And here she is doing her first test flight around Edwards wearing Pierre Llerreux paint.

Joe
    Hi Joe!

That's very kind!

Yes, I'd love the SAC/Prototype scheme, that would be lovely - very kind.

And yes, that shot with Pierre's paint is fabulous. He was a talented painter - haven't seen or heard from him for years; 'hope he's doing well.

dl

I have all of Pierre's repaints if you need any of them for reference. Also, PM sent for the SAC version. Thanks.

Oh, Virtavia's B-1B Lancer works quite nicely.
    Might be some stuff that doesn't work with 64-bit, but I haven't really seen anything. About the only thing that I've seen that has changed is the afterburner flames; they've become a bit fuzzy and diffused, apparently because L-M have changed how light effects are rendered (and B-1B AB-flames are light effects according to Virtavia). And that has only happened in P3D v4.4 or v4.5 I think.

Here's me mucking about while testing a TFR gauge I picked up somewhere (might have been here at SOH). Too long video, but was having fun
    https://youtu.be/tt2q_IC4UMY

Groom Lake Simulations recently painted up B-1A white prototype and desert schemes for the Virtavia release.

If you want schemes for the original release I painted up a ton here and a few for the Virtavia version as well.

Blog Entries
    Groom Lake Simulations recently painted up B-1A white prototype and desert schemes for the Virtavia release.

If you want schemes for the original release I painted up a ton here and a few for the Virtavia version as well.
    Thanks for note, Frank. Butcherbird hooked me up most graciously with his repaint, but I'll also take a look at M4S, if for nothing else, at Mirage content. Haven't been there in a few weeks, overdue for a visit ...

dl

I am SO getting the desert and prototype repaints, even though they're technically B-1A liveries. Looks good.
    I have tons of different aircraft installed, but the B-1B is why I started up with FSX/P3D in the first place, so whenever I wanna have some calm (...sometimes not so calm), graceful and elegant fun....at speed...I always come back to this.

Thanks for the info and links. I'm not on Facebook, so went searching for another source for Groom Lake Simulations, and found they also have a Wix site.

https://groomlakesimulations.wixsite.com/groomlake

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Members who have read this thread: 1