Have a few questions?

Thread: Have a few questions?

Hybrid View

Have a few questions?

Hi all, I'm trying to find out a few things and you all can help me.
    1, Is Dinos F35 pack with the A,B and C models still payware? Just don't want to buy it and find out it was freeware.

2, How do I go about doing carrier ops ion P3D?

3, I'm thinking about getting tracker, but at $170 that's kinda steep. So I read about a couple of others like free track. What is a good cost effective head track option?

Dino F-35 is still payware. A freeware version is still downloadable on his website though, but it's an older version, and the B (VTOL) will not work properly in P3Dv4, if I'm not mistaken. At least, I have not been able to make it switch to VTOL.

For carrier ops, it's exactly the same as in FSX => use AICarriers.NET or TacPack to spawn a carrier anywhere.
    P3D includes the FSX Acceleration features, so carrier cables and catapults are supported natively (unlike FSX SP1 or SP2).

Concerning trackers, TackIR is the best for flying in 2D, and VR helmets are the best for flying in 3D.
    Freewares like FreeTrackNoIR do work, but the head tracking is anything but precise, and you'll end up with a lot of parasite movements of the camera.

I've have had my TrackIR Pro for over 10 years now (I think it was about $250 back then). I haven't tried any other head trackers, but TrackIR has been very stable, especially with P3D.

Personally, I'd say TrackIR, for $170 is worth it. You get all the hardware and software you need and tech support as well.

Quote Originally Posted by XLR8 View Post
    Hi all, I'm trying to find out a few things and you all can help me.
    1, Is Dinos F35 pack with the A,B and C models still payware? Just don't want to buy it and find out it was freeware.

2, How do I go about doing carrier ops ion P3D?

3, I'm thinking about getting tracker, but at $170 that's kinda steep. So I read about a couple of others like free track. What is a good cost effective head track option?
    Current System Specs :
    FSXA & P3Dv4 | Windows 10 Professional for Workstations (x64)
    Motherboard: Gigabit Z390 Aorus Ultra, LGA 1151, Intel based
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3600
    GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5)
    HD: 1TB SanDisk SSD Plus | PSU: KDM 750W ATX Power Supply

Five years ago I made my own cap with LED's (actually quite easy) and use Facetracknoir software. It cost almost nothing and is rock steady.
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

I consider Dino's "payware" F-35 one of the best military jets in P3D when TacPac'd. It has a menu to easily add weapons and there are no drawn out procedures for "firing" them. The aircraft looks great and flys smooth (but watch your sink rate on final). Dino's F-35 is one of those planes that you will always keep in your hangar!

I just pulled my 8 year old TrackIR out of the closet. I've never gotten used to the function of it, but I'll keep trying this time. Many call it the "poor man's" VR headset, but if you don't have one you might just save your money for real VR (if you have a computer with the power to drive it).

There are way too many things to spend your money on in flight simulation these days (and I just did a quick review of all the software I purchased over the past 7 years...wow)!
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

I've given up doing that sort of inventory!

Bad for the health!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Track Hat (trackhat.org) is another option for head tracking at a nice price. I got one a couple of years ago and really like it. My only issue is my eyes. Can't read the gauges very well (I wear progressive lenses) while using the hat, so for the most part I don't use it.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

Members who have read this thread: 0