Alabeo sale at Just Flight

Thread: Alabeo sale at Just Flight

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries

Alabeo sale at Just Flight

Just got an email that Alabeo twins are on sale at Just flight.

be aware that all of them except one are for x-plane 10 and may not work well on XP-11. Easy to overlook this when purchasing new aircraft especially at my age.

Bob

Thanks for the HU Bob
    There also on sale direct from the Alabeo and Carenado sites too, I always prefer to buy direct where possible so the devs get the max profit rather than a 3rd party taking a cut.

There was only one out of the ones on sale that I was interested in ATM, the PA23 Aztec F 250 so I bought it.

Now heres the funny thing. I have both XP10 and XP11 installed and although its clearly marked and sold as an XP10 plane it doesn't work in XP10, but it works just fine in XP11 so I can only assume that its really an XP11 plane, it just doesn't have all the latest bells and whistles like PBR and FMOD.
    I'm not complaining. I wanted it for XP11 anyway.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

If you look at dates in the version history or requirements tabs on the relevant .org store pages, the Aztec was updated about this time last year, as was the Seminole. The Chieftain had a 2017 update; and the Titan and DA42 date from 2016.

They are on sale at PC Aviator as well so if you buy today (Tuesday) you can get an extra 10% off.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    ​I purchased and installed the PA-31 twin but when I try to load it I see it has INCOMPATIBLE across the selection window. I went back and checked and all the files are dated 2017 with one exception which was 2018. Also in the products drop down I made sure I chose for XP 11. Can anyone explain this problem or do I need to contact Alabeo direct.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Pat, I dont have the PA31 but I do have the tri-pacer which like the 31 is one of there XP10/11 planes and that does the same.
    Don't worry about it, its just showing the wrong icon file. The plane itself is XP11 compatible.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

If folks are still on the fence with a couple of days of this sale to go, I grabbed the Aztec and it’s pretty good in XP11. You need a tweak to get the AP heading under control; generate icons (for livery display in the main menu) and then the only problem of note is landing & taxi lights don’t seem to work (?).

Some switches don’t ‘click’ when you use them, but most do - and it has some unique sounds on the ground (suspension rattles etc) and good engine sounds. It loads, CnD starts and flies nicely - and, as with most all Alabeo/Carenado aircraft - looks good inside and out.

On closer checking, all lights - including taxi and landing lights - are working. My apologies.

Members who have read this thread: 0