Captainsim B-52

Thread: Captainsim B-52

Captainsim B-52

I purchased the Captainsim B-52 and probably should have researched it beforehand.. its for FSX, which normally works OK in P3D, but I cant even install this thing.

(It looks for FSX), Normally I can fake that by creating a dummy fsx.exe out of a text file, but even that doesnt work.

Any way to make this work or do I just chalk this one up to me being a dope? (not the first time...)

Eric

I hope it gets the update treatment but I'm not holding my breath on that. If it ever does, I am going to publicly release my updated FDE for it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    I purchased the Captainsim B-52 and probably should have researched it beforehand.. its for FSX, which normally works OK in P3D, but I cant even install this thing.

(It looks for FSX), Normally I can fake that by creating a dummy fsx.exe out of a text file, but even that doesnt work.

Any way to make this work or do I just chalk this one up to me being a dope? (not the first time...)

Eric
    To my knowledge, there is no way to get it to work in P3DV4. I am hopeful they will update it, but it's been a long wait. Don't think it's going to happen, unfortunately. NC

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Really great model by them, the best B-52 around. Cockpit was done by milviz I believe. This is one that should be redone by Capt sim.

Quote Originally Posted by b52bob View Post
    Really great model by them, the best B-52 around. Cockpit was done by milviz I believe. This is one that should be redone by Capt sim.
    I really was looking forward to a BUFF.

Eric
    Try creating a dummy FSX.exe and FS9.exe as some of the CS aircraft look for both (ie the C130). I don't believe it's functional in P3Dv4 though. From memory the engines won't start. It works great in P3Dv3, if you have that installed.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

You need a registry entry for fsx, a fsx.exe and you will need to copy over the xml.dll entries from the fsx file it creates

However the some guages dont work including the copyright .dll file located in the panel.cfg in 64bit plus there is major shading issues with the external model

Overall a waste of time and not worth it, ive tried it and ended up removing it due to the dll vs 64bit problems

Theres plenty of posts regarding the 52 if you search for them

Like Matt said, too much effort for nil return, been there and done that.
    Doubt that CS will have the B52 as a priority given their glacial progress with the airline subjects which seem to be the $$$ earners.
    It almost feels like the lights are on but there is nobody home when one visits.
    Annoying.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Thanks guys. I will chalk this one up to me being an idiot. (not first time!)

Too bad. P3D badly needs a good B-52 with an accurate cockpit.

I agree, being a former crewdog on one I miss it. Had KBTs in FS2004/FSX and Captain Sims H model in FSX.
    Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fac Fortia Et Patere

Too bad. P3D badly needs a good B-52 with an accurate cockpit.
    P3D needs several new mil heavies. A KC-135, proper KC-46, full up C-130J...
    I pass gas!

One can only hope that, someday, the classic jets (prop-jets) get some sorely needed attention.

Bill

Members who have read this thread: 0