Ants Winjeel

Thread: Ants Winjeel

Ants Winjeel

Anyone else finding a little too much float when landing this addon in P3D 4.5. I have many hours in a real aircraft and am familiar with ground effect but this is not what I am experiencing. The aircraft just won't slow down and descend on approach anymore. I don't remember this being an issue when I first bought the plane but that was many versions prior of p3d 4.5. I like the Winjeel a lot but the landing this is killing me on a short runway now.

LouP

I have had that exact issue since I purchased it and I have not found a fix for it. Which is too bad, because it's a nice plane.

Yes, this is very nice model, however it didnt updated from long time.
    Maybe its a good idea ask Anthony, author of Winjeel: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...6481-anthony31 (or from his website, he was here in 2017 the last time)?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Something to try:

The aircraft.CFG has a selection of simple scalars which are useful for end-users who wish to fine tune virtual aircraft performance to suit the (perhaps) unique qualities of their rig & controller. ( This is the dread of anyone who writes flightsim physics.....the inconsistencies and variables between individual home setups.)

First, go into the Winjeel's root folder, and backup or create a copy of the original aircraft.cfg file. This is a paramount priority.

Then, open the working aircraft.cfg with notepad.

Scroll down and look for the section [Flight tuning] and a bit below, three sections, [Flaps.0], [Flaps.1], [Flaps.2].

In [Flight Tuning], look for "cruise_lift_scalar= 1.0"

In the flaps section, ignore [Flaps.0], it's just setup to position animations. Sections [Flaps.1], [Flaps.2], look for "lift_scalar= 1.00, drag_scalar= 1.00, pitch_scalar= 1.00."

First try approach & landing the Winjeel without using flaps. If the the aircraft follows performance values that seem realistic, then the wing lift values can be left alone. If the aircraft still seems "floatie", you can go into [Flight Tuning], and reduce "cruise_lift_scalar= 1.0", small increments, and save. Retest flight, and decide if you got what you want, or repeat.

If the plane lands, takes-off....stalls as per reality without flaps....then test with flaps. Too much float, too high a stall speed, not enough drag as per deployment angle....then, play around with [flaps.1] [Flaps.2] scalars.

Best of luck....and make sure to back-up the original file before you tear into it.

Members who have read this thread: 0