Michael E. Roberts KBT B-52 upgrade

Thread: Michael E. Roberts KBT B-52 upgrade

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries

Michael E. Roberts KBT B-52 upgrade

Has anyone run across the Michael E. Roberts FSX upgrade of the FS9 KBT B-52? Right now this upgrade seems to be the only way to get tall-tail B-52s into the sim. Inputting his name at different flight sim sites search functions doesn't produce any results as re: this upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by SSI01 View Post
    Has anyone run across the Michael E. Roberts FSX upgrade of the FS9 KBT B-52? Right now this upgrade seems to be the only way to get tall-tail B-52s into the sim. Inputting his name at different flight sim sites search functions doesn't produce any results as re: this upgrade.
    Let us know if you come across it, like to have the upgrade as well.

This package by Michael Roberts is still on Simviation, along with several other B-52D files.

Search FSX using parameter: B-52

Your target file is on page 2,

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, will check out.

FOUND IT. Thanks for the steer!
    Last edited by SSI01; August 3rd, 2019 at 13:32.

Members +
    Blog Entries
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By...FhTRW1DX21zUUE

KBT B-52_X mdlX native, alpha 'G' VC model.

Quote Originally Posted by lazarus View Post

The Alphasim B-52G was FS2004, does that mean someones ported just the VC to FSX? Glad to see you're still getting use from it.

Members +
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by centuryseries View Post
    The Alphasim B-52G was FS2004, does that mean someones ported just the VC to FSX? Glad to see you're still getting use from it.
    Ran the Alpha 'G' through up-convert, but the drag chute has issues, like the TSR-2, the door has no animation detectable and is locked open.
    The VC is a bit dated, but eminently usable with the 'D'. The KBT B-52's have no VC model, except the XB; the external models are, however, le monde juste. Really pretty, really fast running. Mr. KBT does superb work, but is not much for returning an email, so, I guess, not much more will happen with these. I've pretty much lost interest in this stuff, anyway. The looming Day of the Rope have become my main diversion of late. Function of old age, I guess. less to loose, so it's time for large, gratuitous gestures to accelerate the inevitable.

One thing is for sure, none of the KBT version work in P3d v4, at least mine doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by lazarus View Post

I downloaded and installed this in V4 and for the most part it works, but there is no sound and the VC is completely black. I see in the texture.cfg files there is a referance to

fallback.2=..\..\Boeing_B-52G Stratofortress\texture.bare
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    I downloaded and installed this in V4 and for the most part it works, but there is no sound and the VC is completely black. I see in the texture.cfg files there is a referance to

fallback.2=..\..\Boeing_B-52G Stratofortress\texture.bare
    You also need to install the Michael E. Roberts upgrade in order for this to work.

EDIT: nope, there are things missing. The update by Roberts do not contain the things needed...

Priller
    Last edited by Priller; August 6th, 2019 at 09:40. Reason: checked

What's necessary is an existing installation of the Alphasim B-52G&H Stratofortress for the VC textures.

Quote Originally Posted by llanning08 View Post
    What's necessary is an existing installation of the Alphasim B-52G&H Stratofortress for the VC textures.
    You can get that here: http://www.virtavia.com/Freeware/index.php

Scroll down to "ALPHA_B-52_Stratofortress_FS9.zip".

Members who have read this thread: 1