Handley Page Hampden

Thread: Handley Page Hampden

SOH-CM-2020

Handley Page Hampden

I finally got around to installing the "flying coffin". I really like the look of the Hampden, it is so evocative of the late '30s. So into Pat's Bob it went. At first I accidentally put in the alpha version which Clive had kindly let me tinker with. It had a wee problem with air speed, in that its wings peeled off at 200mph!!

Then I rattled around and found the more recent version on my HDD, which comes with various skins and biographies. Clive has done an excellent job in converting this bird from CFS2. With help from the usual suspects (Rob, John) this old bird really scrubs up well with Ankors shaders installed. I learned that the gun stations had twin Vickers - quite an antique configuration.

In quick combat mode with a wingman, we circled around Henly at 2500ft being harassed by an Hs123. My wingman copped a fair bit of damage, but sent the Hun off with heavy smoke pouring from the motor.

I'm hoping to see the Hampden popping up in my random air spawns from now on...

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Got me interested. Thought i had it but didn't.Installed it in my 2 BoB installs and the ETO install. Now,something else to fly in that era ! Got so into fighters and ground attack/tank busting forgot about the bombers.Thanks for the heads-up bro. Regards,Scott

I always preferred its other nickname, The Flying Suitcase. Lovely job by Clive, isn’t it?
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

SOH-CM-2020

Hampdens in Bob

Ah, yes, that was the term I was looking for! Couldn't remember it. Thanks, Tom.

I changed the Whitley to Allowspawn=n because it was popping up too much, and the next campaign mission saw the appearance of a flight of Handley-Page Hampdens over the front line, where they successfully took out some important bridges!

SOH-CM-2020
    Nice seeing this bird pop up in random spawns.....

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    A very nice model.Shows what can be done with CFS2/FS2004 aircraft converted for CFS3. Wish there was more ! Great work Clive ! Thanks.

Members who have read this thread: 0