IRIS - Pro Training Series - 21-Driver
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IRIS - Pro Training Series - 21-Driver

Is this something new or the same PC21 from 2014? If new, do I get an update?

Dave

Morning,It's an update to the old product, some refinements, some additional features, generally an overall improvement. And yes, free to anyone who's picked up the PC-21 from IRIS before.I just sent emails out from the IRIS store to customers who bought direct from us.Other vendors will get their installers over the weekend. David.

...And let me add that the update is...WONDERFUL!

Kent

Hi Kent, have you grabbed the latest version from the store over the last two days? It's been updated since I last spoke to you.

Oooh...no....I'll head over and get the latest.

Thanks,

Kent

Old Repaints

Only one question: Can i install the Version 3.0 (75 Years) Repaints again???

Regards

Julio

Quote Originally Posted by DLB View Post
    Morning,It's an update to the old product, some refinements, some additional features, generally an overall improvement. And yes, free to anyone who's picked up the PC-21 from IRIS before.I just sent emails out from the IRIS store to customers who bought direct from us.Other vendors will get their installers over the weekend. David.
    Thanks David

Uh-oh. I purchased my Iris Pro-Training PC-21 from the now defunct Flightsim Store (along with half a dozen other Iris's from there). I
    guess there won't be any update notices.

Oh well, the old FSX version still works pretty well in P3Dv4.

-Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    Uh-oh. I purchased my Iris Pro-Training PC-21 from the now defunct Flightsim Store (along with half a dozen other Iris's from there). I
    guess there won't be any update notices.

Oh well, the old FSX version still works pretty well in P3Dv4.

-Rob.
    Welcome to the club.

Having said that, it isn't that expensive. In fact, as far as add-ons of this quality go, it's rather inexpensive. Of course, as you also noted, the previous versions still work quite well.

An excellent add on in any version.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    Welcome to the club.

Having said that, it isn't that expensive. In fact, as far as add-ons of this quality go, it's rather inexpensive. Of course, as you also noted, the previous versions still work quite well.

An excellent add on in any version.
    With the A$ only worth US$00.68 it would be reasonably inexpensive.
    We're back to the 'Pacific Peso' Lead standard.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

If you have bought from flightsimstore, set up an account on the IRIS store, drop me an e-mail to help@irissimulations.com.au with your proof of purchase and I'll transfer a copy to your newly created account. As for transferring old repaints across from v3, technically they will work and it is possible, however we've been told by Pilatus to destroy any content containing Pilatus trademarks or IP, (long story, not for here), so I cannot advise the procedure for transferring old paints.Hope that helps somewhat.

If you have bought from flightsimstore, set up an account on the IRIS store, drop me an e-mail to help@irissimulations.com.au with your proof of purchase and I'll transfer a copy to your newly created account. As for transferring old repaints across from v3, technically they will work and it is possible, however we've been told by Pilatus to destroy any content containing Pilatus trademarks or IP, (long story, not for here), so I cannot advise the procedure for transferring old paints.Hope that helps somewhat.

Thank you very much! That is more than generous and very much appreciated.

-Rob

PS: have you ever thought of re-visiting the Viper and doing an entire re-build (load manager, Tacpack, etc.)? For something like that I would
    try and scrape up the pennies to re-purchase.

Oddly enough, as much as I enjoyed the Viper, it's the F-20 I enjoy the most. I would love to see a proper two-seater modeled, since we have the drawings now. It didn't have a longer fuselage like the F-5B/ F-5F, it went the modern route and removed a fuel tank behind the pilot and added the second cockpit. That makes the handling characteristics between the single seat and two seat versions almost identical.

PS: have you ever thought of re-visiting the Viper and doing an entire re-build (load manager, Tacpack, etc.)? For something like that I would
    try and scrape up the pennies to re-purchase.
    Here's hoping for a Hawk T2, I'm sure I saw something years ago that Iris had one in development.

love the 21 thought, big improvement in my opinion. Good job David.

I'd love to do both the F-20 and the Hawk T2, though probably not in the immediate future. We do have something non-aircraft related planned, but that's a good 6-12 months out. Lasty I heard Rick Piper was doing some conversion of his Hawk into T2 configuration, but I can't seem to get hold of Rick or find if the T-2 mod was ever released.

Very nice model,thank you!

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Works in P3D V4?

Oh nevermind I see it stated on the site that it does wooo! Off to purchase!

edit: Bought it fine. Installed outside of P3D directory. I see the addon xml file looks fine but I can't see it in the sim.

Any helpful hints?

I got it working had to add it to my Program Data/LM addons.cfg file

[Package.x]
    PATH=B:\P3Dv4Addons\21-Driver
    TITLE=21-Driver
    ACTIVE=true
    REQUIRED=false
    Last edited by ryanbatc; August 5th, 2019 at 14:07.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Other vendors will get their installers over the weekend. David.
    Does that include Just Flight? Still haven't seen it there yet.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

I have a minor issue not being able to tune comm1 and 2. I'm reading from the manual so entering a freq like 122.80 or 122.90 should work...but as soon as I press ENT, it shows ERR (error).

Other than that sweet ride!

Untitled-6 by ryan b, on Flickr
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Whatever happened to your PC-9? I loved that airplane. Cant fly it now in P3D.

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    Whatever happened to your PC-9? I loved that airplane. Cant fly it now in P3D.
    I just took the PC-9A out for a quick flight in P3Dv4.5 and pretty much everything seems to work fine, including the
    Load Manager. The only problem was I couldn't get the two display screens to display. Maybe I just couldn't figure
    out how to turn them on, but I seem to recall this was also a problem in FSX. In any case, all the other gauges seemed
    to be working fine, so I didn't have any problems flying the plane.

Of course, there was the usual no vc click sounds, but that never particularly bothers me.

I have my Iris PC-9A installed in an outboard .xml folder, so install location in P3Dv4 doesn't seem to be critical. Are you
    sure you've copied everything over?

Also, what date is your version, or which version do you have? I've got two version, one a "Pro" version which I purchased
    back in 2010, another is a "Training" version which I purchased in 2015 (I can't recall why I re-purchased the newer version).
    In nay case, it was the newer "Training" version I just took up.

-Rob

Icon5 21 Driver VRT model and panel

I could not find any reference in the manual, so I thought it best to ask.

What are the VRT model and panels?? What do they do differently?
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

I just took the PC-9A out for a quick flight in P3Dv4.5 and pretty much everything seems to work fine, including the
    Load Manager. The only problem was I couldn't get the two display screens to display. Maybe I just couldn't figure
    out how to turn them on, but I seem to recall this was also a problem in FSX. In any case, all the other gauges seemed
    to be working fine, so I didn't have any problems flying the plane.

Of course, there was the usual no vc click sounds, but that never particularly bothers me.

I have my Iris PC-9A installed in an outboard .xml folder, so install location in P3Dv4 doesn't seem to be critical. Are you
    sure you've copied everything over?

Also, what date is your version, or which version do you have? I've got two version, one a "Pro" version which I purchased
    back in 2010, another is a "Training" version which I purchased in 2015 (I can't recall why I re-purchased the newer version).
    In nay case, it was the newer "Training" version I just took up.

-Rob
    Mine is the FS9 version, so that probably explains it... The installer is iris_pro_pc9_fs9.exe (circa 2008!)

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    I could not find any reference in the manual, so I thought it best to ask.

What are the VRT model and panels?? What do they do differently?
    Just guessing....probably the VR versions?
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

Members who have read this thread: 1