Early Messerschmitt Bf109 B1 uploaded - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Early Messerschmitt Bf109 B1 uploaded

Early Messerschmitt Bf109 B1 repaint as the B-1 captured

Hallo friends,
    I just uploaded a repaint for the Bf 109 B-1,
    it represents an B-1 that has been captured by the repblicans.
    The plane than has been test flown by the french Armée de l' Air
    Capitaine Rozanoff
    Yours
    Papi

Some additional textures

The included RLM 70/71/65 scheme of JG132 was based on a generic texture for IL2. As it was a bit pale in my opinion, I decided to make a sort of paintkit for this model.

I just uploaded the first two textures based on this paintkit.

Red 3 of 5./JG132 was actually a B-2. But as I though it was quite colourful, I decided to cheat a bit.....

On request its a bit weathered. But as I already announced not too much.....

Yellow 10 from II/JG132 was a B-1 which was one of the first Bf109 to be received by JG132. This aircraft participated in the display flight in Hungary in June 1937. The picture from the original Yellow 10 xomes from Falcon's Messerschmitt Bf109 Hangar.

Enjoy,
    Huub

Huub.... you've really have a talent in adding more life like look to ac's... really really nice.

Cheers mav

Ps... didn't these models have wind down side windows.... so you could hang your elbow out while your flying around???

Thanks for the kind words Mav, I'm glad you like them.

About the window: "Yes!!!"

Believe it or not, but its even on page 3 in the official Bf109E manual (Betriebs- und Rüstanleitung Me109 mit Motor DB601)

h. Anlassen des Motors
    1. Kabine schliessen (Kabinengriff in stellung "Zu"). Rechtes kabinenfenster öffnen.

(h. Starting the engine
    1. Close canopy (cockpit lever at "closed". Open the right-side cockpit window.)

So it wasn't just there, it was even mandatory to open it.

Cheers,
    Huub

Yes, very nice there Huub...

Hugely better than the 'pale imitations' ha!..

Cheers

Shessi

The prototype V-3 was later repainted with the code 6-1 and a green heart representing Thuringia, Hannes Trautloft's home town, in the green heart of Germany, was applied beneath the canopy.
    Trautloft's personal marking later became the unit insignia from Jagdgeschader 54.

As soon as you start to post screenshots you suddenly see things which still need to be done! But nearly there............

Cheers,
    Huub

Uploaded

Finally I found some time to upload the "Trautloft" repaint. Its available in the library.

Enjoy,
    Huub

D-islu

A F Scrub has just uploaded the 109 that Ernst Udet crashed in the Alps in 1937. Although Scrub states quite clearly that the aircraft will not work in FS9, (tried it, it won't), I found that by dropping the main texture into a new folder, filling the folder accordingly and suitably amending the config, it works just fine. The only issue is the prop, D-ISLU being a 3 blader with the prop hub drawn accordingly. Since this is something of a historic aircraft, I can live with that. Thank you Mr Scrub.

Icon4

Ahh never believe anything ol' Scrubby does ha ha...

He's a good bloke, does some fantastic work and very skilled (he's a bit of a hero of mine ) In this case he's taken my converted IL/2 B/C/D model, put a three bladed spinner and prop on it, blanked off a few things, and a new tex. But no prob at all, as I've done that to his models.....and he has given so much to the sim community.

If it's not commercial, that's the way it should be!

Cheers

Shessi

p.s might be time to re-visit the 109.............

Messerschmitt Bf 109 Dora

Hi Shessi,
    the Dora is nearly ready to roll out on my sim, just need the Dora model with the two blade variable pitch prop.
    Some nice repaints and a Dora panel which is a bit different to the Berta one.
    If you want to get what she is looking as, please tell me
    Yours
    Papi

The mentioned model is a genuine FSX model, with a separate model file for the cockpit. Therefore not usable in FS2004.

The D-ISLU was the V14 prototype and more or less a standard Bf109 D air frame merged with a tuned version of new Daimler Benz DB601 engine (Rennmotor). It was one of the prototypes for the Emil series and therefore looked more like an Emil than like the earlier Jumo engined aircraft. The main visual difference between the V14 and the Emil E-1 was the cylindrical air filter on the V14. The aircraft was very similar to the V13 prototype (D-IPKY) which was equipped with a DB601A engine.

And I'm pretty sure the D-ISLU didn't have any antenna wires

Cheers,
    Huub.

Members who have read this thread: 1