Early Messerschmitt Bf109 B1 uploaded - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Early Messerschmitt Bf109 B1 uploaded

Members +
    Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    I've just had a look...but I coundn't find anything....he he he..

S
    Me neither, maybe a file name?

Quote Originally Posted by daypharris View Post
    Those are good.
    And yes, he's Papi.
    I posted a search above but apparently it expires in a few hours.
    Make a search at Flightsim using as keywords: corrado & internal.
    You'll get four, 3 one-o-nines and a Campini.

By the way, BIG thanks to shessie for fantastic work on this beautiful early Messerschmitt Bf109 B1 version! Also big thanks to Papi for his magnificent 2D-panel. A real joy to fly this machine, definitely a keeper!

​daypharris

Early Messerschmitt Bf109 B1 uploaded "This one?"

Ach Du lieber Gott !
    The panel included was in my beginnings LOL
    Times has been changed a bit
    Yours
    Papi

Members +
    Quote Originally Posted by daypharris View Post
    Thanks for this, I'll try to get them to work in FS2004.

Early Messerschmitt Bf109 B1 uploaded

Hallo friends,

here a Bf 109 D in swiss colors
    Yours
    Papi

Now I'm reloading my GW3 installation.
    Really nice version of the 109 people, a belated 'thank you' to all concerned.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Work in progress

Although the basic templates for IL2 are quite nice, I decided to start a sort of paintkit from scratch....

Just to give you an idea of what is coming, but as the title already explains: Still work in progress.......

Looking forward to this Huub! Don't forget a little weathering. Your paints always add a bit of character to the aircraft!
    Matt

Very nice Huub, as usual. Out of interest I've noticed on previous paints that parts of the rudder appear darker than the vertical tail-plane - almost as if a shadow has fallen across it. Is this my imagination or something to do with the model or alpha channel perhaps? I've had a look at the texture file and the shadow doesn't appear to be painted on. Is it possible to correct do you think?

Regards, Taff
    The grass is always greener on the other side...

But, it's just as hard to mow!

Thanks aeronca1. Don't worry, I will add some weathering, but there are two reasons why this aircraft won't be too weathered.

The first reason is a technical one. As the complete textures is on only one single 1024 X 1024 sheet, its very difficult to add details.

The Bf109 B-1s were only used for a short period, before the B-2 arrived and most original B-1s were retro fitted with the metal variable pitch propeller. So there actually wasn't much time for the B-1a to get weathered

Cheers,
    Huub

Icon17

Taff,
    That shadow is actually stressed polys within the model, not Huub's paint work..ha!

On converting over projects like this and taking them into FSDS, where they were never created, I have to smooth the parts, and sometimes reduce the vertice points, this sometimes leads to 'stressed polys' and I don't mean upset parrots..

I do make a huge effort to get it looking good, but on smaller or thinner areas, such as tails/rudders, flaps and wing trailing edges I can't always get it smooth AND un-stressed, so you might get these odd areas...but it doesn't affect the shape or the actual texture, just a slight shadow now and again which can be seen from certain angles....

Here endeth the first lesson...before you all fall asleep....

Cheers

Shessi

p.s Huub, mooi! really like that JG2 tex, as you say much better than the original 70/71/65 tex

Sorry Taff, I missed your post.

As Shessi, this shading is in the model and there isn't much I can do about it. Its more visible with light camo schemes than with dark ones. But with a fair bit of weathering on the light schemes its hardly visible.

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    p.s Huub, mooi! really like that JG2 tex, as you say much better than the original 70/71/65 tex
    Thanks Shessi, I assumed that the future B-2, C-1 and D-1 versions (yes I'm greedy! ) would use more or less the same template, which made it worth the effort to build a new paintkit. Now I only need to adjust some panel lines at the wings and I have my all new paintkit for these versions ready.

Cheers,
    Huub

Hi Huub,
    Yes WHEN I get round to the next 109s, they all have the same tex template. After all they're basically the same aircraft.....

Cheers

Shessi

"When" is just a certain point in time .

Cheers,
    Huub

The start of the legend

Shessi,

Very many thnks for your work on putting this lovely fighter into FS9. Thanks also to 'Papi' for his cockpit. Excellent work. The flight model is really nice and it is another of those great sim aircraft that I will always turn to for a rewarding time on this ageless sim.

I see that Microsoft have started work on a new flt sim. Trouble is, I have so much great stuff on FS9 that I did not even fell tempted by FSX. Still fly iL2 Sturmovik.

The Do 225 has never appeared on FS9?

Thanks again for your time and effort.

Mal

Apologies: I meant Dornier 335 'The Arrow'

Quote Originally Posted by vonernsk View Post
    The Do 225 has never appeared on FS9?

Thanks again for your time and effort.

Mal
    http://cr1-software.com/addons/do-335-revamped-edition/

sorry, seems Tom never released the revamp. Do a search for Simtech Do335 at the big sites, you should find the older version somewhere.

Hi Mal,
    Thanks for the comments.

Yes, love the Do335. Actually the last thing Tom posted was that he was totally re-doing his 335, but for FSX (!), so when (don't hold yer breath) we see that it won't be for Fs9, unfortunately (unless he intends to do a lower poly one for Fs9?)...but do not fear there ARE options..

As Jamie says, go get his older Fs9 version (I actually bought this Do335, back in the day!). Also Kazunori Ito did the two seat versions, trainer and night fighter (which are very nice), for Fs9, again at Simviation and Flightsim.com....and in the future (please don't ask when) I have a selection from IL-2 to port over.

Cheers

Shessi

Blog Entries
    Great work on the 109 "B" conversion, Shessi. It's nicely detailed and has delightful flight characteristics. Thank you.
    The repaints by Huub and Papi are excellent. Thanks to both of you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelvader View Post
    Hallo friends,

here a Bf 109 D in swiss colors
    Yours
    Papi
    I like the Swiss 109 Papi. Are you planning to upload it?

Early Messerschmitt Bf109 B1 uploaded 109 D in swiss colors

Hallo Hurricane91,
    I have send to Shessi three textures of swiss 109 Doras.
    As he is the master of the early 109' s he decides when he will release them.
    The swiss air force only had 109 from the Dora up, So we must wait when Shessi will do the B-2, Caesar and Dora.
    Yours
    Papi

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelvader View Post
    Hallo Hurricane91,
    I have send to Shessi three textures of swiss 109 Doras.
    As he is the master of the early 109' s he decides when he will release them.
    The swiss air force only had 109 from the Dora up, So we must wait when Shessi will do the B-2, Caesar and Dora.
    Yours
    Papi
    Thanks Papi, I look forward to their release.

Members who have read this thread: 1