Dev needs beta testers...

Thread: Dev needs beta testers...

Dev needs beta testers...

...for a Pitcairn islands scenery.

See the dev thread here:

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/th...cenery.445821/

(Not my work, I'm just relaying the call.)

Nice scenery Björn, but I wonder whether its useful when I test it. My FS2004 install is modified in such a way, that results on my machine wouldn't guarantee anything......

Cheers,
    Huub

Might not hurt to give Leonardo (the dev) a shout regardless.

After seeing Bjoern's post I contacted Leonardo and beta-tested his Pitcairn scenery on Thursday. Nice package, he does a good job on coastlines and water textures. Pitcairn Island itself requires global mesh to show the proper elevations (see Bjoern's screen shot) and I don't have that installed so for me it was all flat. He mentions that in his installation instructions. Neither Leonardo nor I know how to build local elevations so if anybody is knowledgeable about that aspect of scenery he could use some help... and I'd like the info as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Is this the global mesh Leonardo refers to?
    https://simviation.com/1/fs2004terrainmesh
    Yes, the "AU28" bgl from that website provides mesh for Henderson Island but not Pitcairn Island. For the screen shot you posted he used Pilot's© FS Global 2010 payware mesh (it's been updated since the 2010 version) and I don't have that or anything equivalent in my FS9.

How do you go to Pitcairn ??

Quote Originally Posted by vinci View Post
    How do you go to Pitcairn ??
    Leonardo will be uploading the scenery package to Avsim and FlightSim today or tomorrow. If you install the scenery Pitcairn will be listed in the country selection with four locations to fly from. Without his package the default FS9 scenery isn't really worth looking at.

Would be nice to include HMS Bounty with that scenery. It's available for the asking.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Members who have read this thread: 0