Default Ground showing under Photoreal

Thread: Default Ground showing under Photoreal

Default Ground showing under Photoreal

I would post this on FSDevelopers but it has decided it doesn't know who I am and won't let me reset my password.

The color screenshot below illustrates the problem and the other B&W (0,0,0 and 255,255,255) shows the water mask and Blur mask. In all the years I've done scenery I have avoided, as often as possible, doing anything that required working around water. . .for this very reason.

Does anyone know how to eliminate the ground texture so that the real coastline shows?

Wrangell-2019-jul-29-004 by Ed Wells, on Flickr

Wrangell-2019-jul-29-005 by Ed Wells, on Flickr
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Ed, the only way I have been able to do this is using SBuilderX. You create a hole by tracing the shoreline of the photoreal and make your hole show as ocean. The details of how to do this is found in the SBuilderX tutorials. Learning how to make an island with photoreal is where to look. It works the same with coastlines. Hope this helps.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    Ed, the only way I have been able to do this is using SBuilderX. You create a hole by tracing the shoreline of the photoreal and make your hole show as ocean. The details of how to do this is found in the SBuilderX tutorials. Learning how to make an island with photoreal is where to look. It works the same with coastlines. Hope this helps.
    Yep, never considered that for this problem. I've used it occasionally for Islands but since this didn't really seem to fit that scenario I went looking for the hard way to do it, lol. Anyway, worked perfectly. . .thanks Tom!
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Ed, I let SBuilderX sit on the shelf just for this kind of situation. I did the U.S.Navy base on Attu some time back. The default coast line showed big time there. SBuilderX cleaned it up very nicely. Glad you got the situation solved.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Members who have read this thread: 0