Essex Class Carrier US Navy modification SCB-27A and SCB-27C - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Essex Class Carrier US Navy modification SCB-27A and SCB-27C

There is a little mistake in the uploaded file.

Two folders called : SimOuthouse USS Essex Class part1 and SimOuthouse USS Essex Class part2 will not be nessesary. You can delete them. All files in there are doubles of the normal files. Bag your pardon for this mistake.

greetings
    Klaus

To say this is "Great Work !" feels little.

And excellent on frames too. Just Thank you.

My Military Flight Videos :

I'm having some difficulty getting this up and running in FSX/AICarriers2. Admittedly it's been a while since I've tinkered with AICarriers .cfg file to create a new formations. I keep getting an error message
    upon spawning the carrier, to the effect the model can't be loaded. All the files appear to be in their proper places.

As a test I tried creating an AICarriers2 cfg file as follows:

[formation.0]
    title=USS_CV-11_Intrepid_SCB-27C
    unit.0=deck, 0, 0

No luck with the above.

Could some kind soul who has these carriers working right in AICarriers2 perhaps post an example of their AICarriers2 .cfg file that I could follow?

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to trapping on these beauties soon.

fuzz1, try this entry in your AI Carriers2 cfg file. This should give you the Intrepid with no aircraft or personnel on deck. Replace the "XX" with the next consecutive formation # in the cfg file.

[formation.XX]

title=USS Intrepid empty deck
    unit.0=
    USS_CV-11_Intrepid_SCB-27C_leer, 0,0

The "title" line in the AICarriers2 cfg file can be any free-text entry you want. It's NOT the same as the ship's title entry in the sim.cfg file for the ships. THAT title goes in the unit line in the AICarriers2 cfg file, followed by "0,0" to indicate it's the central ship in the formation.

TARPSBird, thanks for your most helpful reply. Precisely the info I was after; my problem is solved and I see now where I went wrong.
    I'll be spending most of the evening assembling AICarrier2 formations.

fuzz1, glad it worked for you. Since you're working on formations, let me throw in a piece of info that might be helpful. Klaus's carriers are set up for a steaming speed of 29 knots. That's moving right along. If your plane is parked on deck and your pilot is down in the ready room the sim will still show you moving forward at 29 knots. In the ships' sim.cfg file that is the "58" value on the max_speed_mph line (see below). The line entry is always twice what you want the forward speed to be, don't ask me why. If you are adding destroyers, frigates, etc. to your formation that line in their sim.cfg files will have to match the carrier or they will lag behind or move ahead. Or dial down the CV's speed a bit, as you see fit.

[DesignSpecs]
    max_speed_mph =58
    acceleration_constants = 0.07, 0.07 //Time constant (effects responsiveness), and max acceleration (Gs)
    deceleration_constants = 0.05, 0.05 //Time constant (effects responsiveness), and max acceleration (Gs)
    SternPosition =0

Play around with the line entry and you'll see how the ships respond.

Again TARPSBird, very useful info, thank you.

I was very interested in fsx modern (f14, f18, f35, etc) naval ops a few years back and immersed myself in this, including considerable research. Then a long hiatus to explore other
    types of flying. I swear I knew all this stuff at one time...proper procedures, AICarriers, VLSO, (got decent grades) but at my age now, you don't use it you lose it.
    Interest is there again so treading back into the wonderful naval ops flying once again. This time I thought I'd explore the post WW2 to early Vietnam eras and I'm accumulating the
    appropriate aircraft for this purpose. The recent release of Klaus's excellent carriers could not have been more timely.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzz1 View Post
    Interest is there again so treading back into the wonderful naval ops flying once again. This time I thought I'd explore the post WW2 to early Vietnam eras and I'm accumulating the
    appropriate aircraft for this purpose. The recent release of Klaus's excellent carriers could not have been more timely.
    Have fun, and don't scare yourself at the back end of the boat! Plenty of corporate knowledge here at SOH for AICarriers, and tailhook flying in general. My next project will probably be cleaning up my .cfg file in AICarriers so I know whose ships I'm selecting, and delete a few ships I don't use much.

Having a blast with Korea War era carrier ops with these fabulous add-ons.

I changed Klaus's boat's speed to 50 mph. That's what most other AI boats cfg's have so they now move together.

Interesting to do historic research on the USN carriers and aircraft used in the conflict. Kearysarge and Lake Champlain - among others. Klaus has set it up so you can tailor deckpacks to suit your taste.

Also: I have and love the VS Panther but the RAZBAM Banshee for me is as good and nice alternative that works well in P3Dv.4.5

Enjoy!

Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

For F4U Corsair Fans

The "old" ABC Guy Hulin F4U-7 with four blade prop (use the MCX native model by Lazarus - thanks!) really comes out nicely in P3Dv4 along with Klaus's carriers in Korea setting. Have made a number of tweaks the main one being a VC and sound transplant/merge with files from the A2A Hog. VERY enjoyable!

Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Members who have read this thread: 3