Terrain mesh

Thread: Terrain mesh

Terrain mesh

I'm reinstalling FS9, largely out of nostalgia, but have hit a problem when it comes to mesh. For years I happily used FS Terrain, but the discs refuse to install in Windows 10, so I am looking for an alternative. I have found SRTM, but the map which gives a key to the areas available is a tiny gif which is completely unreadable. Does anyone have a larger version, please?
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Blog Entries
    dh, try this for the map;

Go to the Cover3 gif, right click. Go down to "open with" and open with Paint.
    You can use the Paint program sliders to view different sections of the map,
    or go to "file" in the upper left corner of Paint, left click and select "save as".
    Left click will give you a pop-up where you can change the file name and file
    type. Use the "file type" down arrow to select whatever file type you want,
    jpg for instance. Click save and the jpg version of the image will be saved in
    the same folder as "cover3.gif. The jpg file will open with a double click in the
    Windows 10 photo viewer. Use the zoom button to enlarge, and hold down
    left click to slide the map around.

Discs refusing to install, is probably down to Microsoft deliberately breaking the Digital Rights Management software. If you use Google, there's a few options you can try, if installer doesn't work in a compatibility mode.

Ttfn

Pete

Thank you both. I'll look into accessing FS Terrain again, but for the moment I have opened the map and downloaded a couple of areas.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Members who have read this thread: 0