Capt Sim B-52 Driver add-on textures

Thread: Capt Sim B-52 Driver add-on textures

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries

Capt Sim B-52 Driver add-on textures

How does one go about finding and downloading the add-on textures for this aircraft? I've tried the Extended Download Service which only has the download link for the basic aircraft. Unfortunately CS doesn't make it too easy to find the "here are the add-on textures for our 'B-52 Driver' FSX product button.

Go here:
    https://library.avsim.net/search.php...nMode=1&Page=2
    and you will find my paints about halfway down the page. Not sure about any others..
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Thanks! Got them aboard, and all first-rate as always. I noted a number of camouflaged versions of this aircraft that were (maybe formerly) available on or through the CS site, but links are broken.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    I've noticed I'm not the only one searching for some of these repaints that have been around since 2010 - some of them, anyway.

There's a man named Nathan P. Phillips who has made a number of very good repaints of this aircraft. Quite a few are listed on the CS free liveries site for the B-52, but going to the "download" button shows the site to download them from to no longer be active. Persistence pays, however, and two of these repaints, listed toward the end of Mr. Phillips' offerings, did in fact download after I went to the "download" button on the CS site.

I've noted these downloads are both identified using a 10-digit number. That brings to mind the avsim.ru site, and I'm wondering if they are still carrying Mr. Phillips' repaints over there. To my memory they are the only site I've ever downloaded anything from that generally uses a letter-number convention to identify a download.

I've tried straining his name through the AVSIM and FS site libraries to no avail.

Alas...

https://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforu...llips-textures

I've looked everywhere for Nathan's C-130 textures, most of which are simply gone, I believe Nothing against Mr. Phillips at all, but I personally believe that Captain Sim "advertising" or "offering" textures that clearly are no longer available is pretty dirty business. Lesson learned for me, though: always make sure the third-party textures you desire are actually available before dropping cash on a product!
    America never stopped being great.

Members who have read this thread: 0