Orbx scenery order so darn confusing.....

Thread: Orbx scenery order so darn confusing.....

Orbx scenery order so darn confusing.....

I have never understood how to ensure the correct order of Orbx sceneries. I have read/reread articles about it, and I STILL cannot figure it out. I thought, incorrectly, that the Orbx Vector Config tool would do it automatically, but not so, apparently. It does have the option to "point" to where you want their addons, but I need to understand just where to put things, and I do not.... NC

Hi NC.

Normally you use the FTX Central 3.0 tool to download and install Orbx Scenery. it configures the order for you. You shouldnt have to do anything. What is the issue?

I do use Orbx FTX Central to install/uninstall Orbx sceneries, but occasionally I install third party sceneries, and I think the scenery order is causing problems. NC

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your question Chief, but to set up Orbx in your Scenery Library, you just use the Library Insertion Tool
    in Orbx Central Settings. OpenLC's should always be below FTX. Then just choose a particular third party scenery that FTX should
    always load under in the Scenery Library. And that's it.

Any new Orbx sceneries, airports or OpenLC regions will follow those set-up parameters when installed. Orbx itself will have set up
    in that Orbx scenery how it's suppose to stack against other Orbx sceneries, so you don't need to adjust yourself. Any new third party
    sceneries will generally load first time at the top of the Scenery Library, and so above that particular third party scenery you specified
    Orbx FTX entries should always load below.

Or do you mean that, even when a third party scenery is loaded above all the Orbx entries in the Scenery Library, you're still getting
    scenery anomalies, like Otbx buildings pushing up through the third party scenery buildings, or elevation anomalies, like sunken
    runways, in that third party scenery? That's usually a sign of a conflict between that scenery's .bgl and another scenery's .bgl, maybe
    an Orbx .bgl, but not always. It usually means finding the conflicting .bgl and setting it to off.

I hope that helps -Rob

Thanks all. I am going to watch a couple in-depth explanation of this in YouTube videos. I understand where, in FTX Central, the menu is to do all this. I just need to understand it more clearly. NC

Simply put FTX under any third party scenery, ie Flightbeam or Fly Tampa. Open Land class just goes under FTX. Use the pull down menu to see the add-ons. (see the arrow at the right) Save the settings.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FTX insertion.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0