Autogen and Megascenery Earth-Yes I Googled It-ALOT

Thread: Autogen and Megascenery Earth-Yes I Googled It-ALOT

members+
    Fighter Fanatic

Autogen and Megascenery Earth-Yes I Googled It-ALOT

I know alot isn't a word.

ANyway, the title says it all. I love MSE, and what it does for the size package it is. However, I've searched and searched, and found no good alternatives for some trees and buildings. Megascenery, and photoscenery in general are awesome, but man it is noticeable with NOTHING on the ground, phsyically. Once at altitude, it's no biggie.

I understand the pause and turn Photo scenery off in Scenery Library, then turn it back on at altitude hack. Not quite what I was looking for. Seen Nuvecta, and at $6 a package, I'd go for it even if its mixed results. They only have one state I want.

Is there a magic bullet for this issue that my Googling hasn't found?

Thanks guys!
    Taildragger Pilot

Keep on Flyin'

Ryzen 5 2600
    RX 580 8GB DDR5 OC Armor
    8 GB DDR4 2400
    Dedicated SSD for Win10
    Dedicated SSD for FSX:SE

SOH-CM-2023
    PC Aviator has an addon autogen package that's fairly inexpensive. It's Nuvecta and works really well with Megascenry. I have it for VT, NH and Maine (The states I have Megascenery for) makes it look pretty nice and the frame hit is negligible on my circa 2011 rig in P3d 1.4. Looks good even at low altitude (second and third shot)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2018-apr-21-001.jpg   BRIAN-PC-2017-sep-12-002.jpg   BRIAN-PC-2017-sep-12-001.jpg  
    You can't take the sky from me...

SOH-CM-2023
    Another few shots with the Nuvecta Autogen with Megascenery Vermont

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2018-feb-18-001.jpg   -2018-sep-23-002.jpg   BRIAN-PC-2018-feb-8-008.jpg   BRIAN-PC-2018-feb-4-004.jpg  
    You can't take the sky from me...

members+
    Fighter Fanatic
    Brian, is that just their trees addon? I see they have autogen and trees for like $6 a state. That's better than nothing on the ground, I'll give ya that.
    Taildragger Pilot

Keep on Flyin'

Ryzen 5 2600
    RX 580 8GB DDR5 OC Armor
    8 GB DDR4 2400
    Dedicated SSD for Win10

Nuvecta Landscapes work better than their Treeline product as they removed the tall trees from runway approches. Also they added building autogen. I have FL at the moment and will most likely get the extended package with all states as I have pretty much the entire coast from LA to MA in MegaScenery.

Dave

members+
    Fighter Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Sieggie View Post
    Nuvecta Landscapes work better than their Treeline product as they removed the tall trees from runway approches. Also they added building autogen. I have FL at the moment and will most likely get the extended package with all states as I have pretty much the entire coast from LA to MA in MegaScenery.

Dave
    I didn't see a whole US package! Where?

Dang man, you got MSE for the entire country?? Whoa holy TBs of drive space.
    Taildragger Pilot

Keep on Flyin'

Ryzen 5 2600
    RX 580 8GB DDR5 OC Armor
    8 GB DDR4 2400
    Dedicated SSD for Win10

Quote Originally Posted by PilatusTurbo View Post
    I didn't see a whole US package! Where?

Dang man, you got MSE for the entire country?? Whoa holy TBs of drive space.
    That's Louisiana to Maine not Los Angles. I have just about filled my hd's with just the coasts. I moved stuff where I fly a lot to a 256g usb3 stick and that seems to work. I reformatted to ntfs so junctions would work to the stick. That was fun since I had already loaded 128g of stuff to the stick before finding junctions don't work in fat32

Looks like only Eastern USA is available at the moment but they have mentioned Entire USA and Western USA as a products.

Dave
    Last edited by Sieggie; July 25th, 2019 at 09:54.

I have all of MSE's USA states/ultrares cities, as well as all of the Nuvecta packs. 2x3TB platters nearly 2/3 full. The Nuvecta products do help the bare landscape some, but are very generic in their layout. Also, at least in the areas I have flown in, and paid attention to, it seems all their trees are basic evergreen pines. Everywhere. Also, the author seems to no longer be supporting/correcting/updating the products, nor answering anything on their company forums. In fact, their website has been closed. That said, they do look better than the bare landscape. Another product to check out is the "RealWorld Scenery 3D Environment" packages. Get them at PCAviator. I have the California package, but have not installed it yet, due to other things in R/L going on keeping me from flying much. Supposed to be much more realistic in their autogen and tree placements vrs Nuvecta. As mentioned by Sieggie, get the Nuvecta "Landscapes" packs, rather than the "Treeline" ones.

I originally bought most of mine from SimMarket, but they no longer carry them. PCAviator still carries the Eastern states, and the Eastern bundle, but only have one state, Arizona, not in that bundle.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Members who have read this thread: 0