Milviz Phantoms E,J,S ADV new updates through MVAMS...

Thread: Milviz Phantoms E,J,S ADV new updates through MVAMS...

Milviz Phantoms E,J,S ADV new updates through MVAMS...

..and from what I see, doing a side-by-side comparison, Milviz pretty much re-installed the original Base airplane .cfg's (I had backed up
    my Base versions before upgrading to the ADV). You can particularly see this if you compare the [Weight and Balance] sections of the two
    versions.

I won't have time for a flight today, but I hope that brings back the flight characteristics of the Base version. Personal preference, but I
    simply preferred flights in the Base version over those in the ADV version. The Milviz Phantom Base versions I could easily recommend
    to anyone as money well worth spent. The (original) ADV versions, because of the trouble I always had flying them, not so much.

Anyway, just fyi if anyone hasn't seen the updates yet. I'll be interested in hearing what others think.

-Rob

I just picked it up on the "heatwave" sale over the weekend and I have not had any issues from ashore, the "J" has yet to go to the boat. Granted, I beta tested this model in the early FSX+Tacpack days, so pretty familiar with the flight characteristics and changes as the ADV version came online. I guess I had to have the "E" model, but I do spend time in the SWS F-4B.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    ..and from what I see, doing a side-by-side comparison, Milviz pretty much re-installed the original Base airplane .cfg's (I had backed up
    my Base versions before upgrading to the ADV). You can particularly see this if you compare the [Weight and Balance] sections of the two
    versions.

I won't have time for a flight today, but I hope that brings back the flight characteristics of the Base version. Personal preference, but I
    simply preferred flights in the Base version over those in the ADV version. The Milviz Phantom Base versions I could easily recommend
    to anyone as money well worth spent. The (original) ADV versions, because of the trouble I always had flying them, not so much.

Anyway, just fyi if anyone hasn't seen the updates yet. I'll be interested in hearing what others think.

-Rob
    Thanks for the heads-up. I have not updated yet, but I DO hope the original fde is reactivated. NC

Opened up MVAMS, for the S/J but it's not showing an update for me. Is there a way to check the version number?

There haven't been any updates for them in a while. The last installer I sent out was last year August 12.

I'm still somewhat puzzled with the ADV issues....Our T-38C doesn't have them, and the latest round of support requests all point to install issues, which once I corrected some of the files on the user's end, are working just fine.
    Its getting tough to sift through genuine bugs and unrealistic expectations of users.
    -JB

I also checked the MVAMS and there we no updates at all. Did I miss something ?

I don't have any problems with the ADV phantoms, from my side. Probably my favorite jet in that sim, together with the Tomcat.

Rats, I knew it was too good to be true. Oh well, the MV Phantom will just sit in my virtual hangar and gather dust. A shame. NC

We do have PBR updates planned but those are still a ways away.
    -JB

Well. isn't that strange. Why am I the only one to apparently get this "update" (or back date)? It changed the ADV aircraft .cfg's back to
    the original BASE aircraft .cfg's. I just clicked on the MVAMS thumbnails for the Phantoms yesterday, and the update notices appeared.

I usually check the MVAMS for updates every couple of weeks or so.

There's never been any version numbers on the Milviz Phantoms that I could find. But as said, I could see the changes by looking at the
    aircraft.cfg's, particularly in the weight and balance section (the following are just the first few lines of the [weight and balance] section
    for comparison, but there are changes all the way through the aircraft.cfg's):

F-4E Base(+TP) copied before installing ADV

[weight_and_balance]
    max_gross_weight = 61795
    empty_weight = 31930
    reference_datum_position = 0.0, 0, 0
    empty_weight_CG_position = 2, 0, 1.5

F-4E (ADV) copied after install

[weight_and_balance]
    max_gross_weight = 61795
    //empty_weight = 31930
    empty_weight = 32930
    reference_datum_position = 0, 0, 0
    empty_weight_CG_position = -0.4, 0, 1.5

F-4E (ADV) after yesterday's "update"

[weight_and_balance]
    max_gross_weight = 61795
    empty_weight = 31930
    reference_datum_position = 0.0, 0, 0
    empty_weight_CG_position = 2, 0, 1.5

This is just the E version (aircraft folder name "Milviz Phantom II"), but it also changed the J and S aircraft.cfg's back to the BASE versions.
    There may have been other changes to the Panel and Model folders, but I didn't check for those, and I doubt I would be able to spot them anyway.

I wonder if my MVAM updater went haywire then?

-Rob

PS: I just went into MVAMS today, and no further changes. And yes, the planes now fly like I remember the original BASE versions did. I
    only did a few quick flights, so I don't know if there's any downsides yet to leaving them this way.

I'll take this over to the Milviz Support forums then. Sorry for getting everyone excited. It is strange why the updater is acting this way.

-Rob

Following this thread and the other in regards to the ADV FM and its pitch issue. I just installed mine, after paying up for the ADV compatible P3Dv4.5 version. I'm encountering the same severe pitch that cannot be trimmed off. Even with all the SAS switches on, its uncontrollable.
    Did you roll back your FM from the ADV back to the previous? Basically just kept the ext model?

If so, please explain if you can, as to which files are needed.
    I pass gas!

I got a little excited when I saw your earlier post advising Milviz had updated to address the pitching problem.
    I had uninstalled mine as it was unflyable, but reinstalled when I saw your post.
    Obviously disappointed when MVAMS didn't update, but I tried the weight and balance for the non ADV you had posted and it is certainly flyable now.
    Still needs a fair bit of trim, but much more stable.

Thankyou

Bumping this thread to ask if anybody has managed to tweak out any further handling improvements with this approach?

An odd side effect I've noticed with changes in the empty weight value is it buggers up the flaps animation (no middle extension position) but I haven't had the cycles to muck around further.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Urm....While the J/S Phantom has a middle flap position, the E does not. It is either fully up or fully down, with the mid flap lever position being more related to slats in or out.
    -JB

It was with the J/S that this occurred. Odd that I change the empty weight and the flap animation goes off the rails don't you think?
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Members who have read this thread: 0