Favorite GA single or twin ships - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favorite GA single or twin ships

The favorite, huh....? For me, at times it can be flavor of the week......

.....and this weeks flavor tends to bite back....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tiger01.jpg   Tiger02.jpg   Tiger03.jpg   Tiger04.jpg  

Alabeo Waco, A2a Cub making Heidi scream is always fun.
    Twins the C47R and RA Duke B60 piston.
    Ants Tiger moth an JF chippy gets lot of flight time.

For fun the Progressive Aerodyne Searay and the Magni M24.

Quote Originally Posted by magoo View Post
    The favorite, huh....? For me, at times it can be flavor of the week......

.....and this weeks flavor tends to bite back....

Nice pictures! But what plane is this?

members+
    Fighter Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Meridien View Post
    Nice pictures! But what plane is this?

I learned to fly in a 120 <3 What package is that and where did you get the awesom dust effects?

Thanks!
    Taildragger Pilot

Keep on Flyin'

Ryzen 5 2600
    RX 580 8GB DDR5 OC Armor
    8 GB DDR4 2400
    Dedicated SSD for Win10
    Dedicated SSD for FSX:SE

where did you get the awesom dust effects
    i don't know what those are, but I have edited most of my GA to use LICChamp_dustrun.fx from the old FS9 Aeronca Champion, and that looks pretty good.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

members+
    Fighter Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by dhasdell View Post
    i don't know what those are, but I have edited most of my GA to use LICChamp_dustrun.fx from the old FS9 Aeronca Champion, and that looks pretty good.
    I remember that, it works in FSX?? I shall need this file, sir! xD

EDIT: My brain was able to get me there. Just installed Lilski's Champ to take the effects. Who knows, maybe it'll kinda sorta maybe run in FSX. A wonderful little ship it was, back in its day.
    Taildragger Pilot

Keep on Flyin'

Ryzen 5 2600
    RX 580 8GB DDR5 OC Armor
    8 GB DDR4 2400
    Dedicated SSD for Win10

Quote Originally Posted by PilatusTurbo View Post

I learned to fly in a 120 <3 What package is that and where did you get the awesome dust effects?

Thanks!
    That's FlySimWare's Cessna 120 pack. I'm playing around with repaints, some of them fictitious (see above) and some real world. It's a pretty old model and the fuselage is mapped to a single mirrored texture, so that precludes any paint schemes with lettering on the fuselage. That said....there are actually a lot of 120's out there that have their reg no's on the tail.

I'll make some for AH's new 140, ( about 12 years newer?) and then upload the mess of them all together.

Regarding the dust texture, I think it's Bill Lyon's "dustrun" effect. He packaged it with all his releases. I relabeled it to overwrite the default....hmmm.....I think ten or twelve years ago....?

And still not ready for P3D........

Here's one of the real ones. C-FSME lives in Quebec south of Montreal.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Realworld Cessna 120.jpg  

I remember that, it works in FSX?
    Yes, though I'm not sure if the prop needed to be fixed. I retired it for the CR-1 Aeronca. Do you want the dust or will you try an old Bill Lyons?
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

members+
    Fighter Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by magoo View Post
    That's FlySimWare's Cessna 120 pack. I'm playing around with repaints, some of them fictitious (see above) and some real world. It's a pretty old model and the fuselage is mapped to a single mirrored texture, so that precludes any paint schemes with lettering on the fuselage. That said....there are actually a lot of 120's out there that have their reg no's on the tail.

I'll make some for AH's new 140, ( about 12 years newer?) and then upload the mess of them all together.

Regarding the dust texture, I think it's Bill Lyon's "dustrun" effect. He packaged it with all his releases. I relabeled it to overwrite the default....hmmm.....I think ten or twelve years ago....?

And still not ready for P3D........

Here's one of the real ones. C-FSME lives in Quebec south of Montreal.

Dang, might have to look at those again. Clickable VC? And, important to me, if I change the tailwheel to 180 degrees, does the tail wheel freely castor? Or fixed animation of like 45 degrees?

Either way, that would be a fun bird.
    Taildragger Pilot

Keep on Flyin'

Ryzen 5 2600
    RX 580 8GB DDR5 OC Armor
    8 GB DDR4 2400
    Dedicated SSD for Win10

Quote Originally Posted by PilatusTurbo View Post
    Dang, might have to look at those again. Clickable VC? And, important to me, if I change the tailwheel to 180 degrees, does the tail wheel freely castor? Or fixed animation of like 45 degrees?
    Yes, clickable VC. The tail wheel is animated to steer, it's tied in with the rudder animation. Even if you set it up as free castoring in the flight model, the graphic model still shows the rudder & tail wheel moving together.

That said, steering was built into the 140's, and optional on the 120's.

This is an old model created right at the beginning of FSX. Flysimware has updated it repeatedly, like all their models. ( My great love for their Widgeon & Cornell renditions!!) But you gotta remember that this is a simple model with limitations compared to current offerings.

My attraction to it is the lack of the "D" window added later to so many 120's, and the fact that it is offered with a tundra tire variant. (Also the 1946-47 only rounded-relief panel....!)

To me, with a little paint "detailing", it becomes a nice companion to the Aeroplane Heaven Cessna 140. In fact, the FSW 120's work-a-day simplicity makes a reasonable contrast to AH's plush 140.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails capture_844_18072019_200012.jpg   capture_6874_14072019_221152.jpg   capture_469_17072019_155652.jpg   capture_2465_24072019_003106.jpg  

members+
    Fighter Fanatic
    Very nice ship. I even saw it has a paint kit, and my very very early learning to repaint skills could help. I learned to fly in a '47 Cessna 120; N2099V. I'll see if I can get a pic of it. The tailwheel was 'linked' on the 120, but still was essentially an all toe breaks to stear kinda plane. The tailwheel would come 'unlinked' if you kicked it hard one way, and would freely castor.

Glad you knew exactly what I was asking and were able to provide a perfect answer.
    Taildragger Pilot

Keep on Flyin'

Ryzen 5 2600
    RX 580 8GB DDR5 OC Armor
    8 GB DDR4 2400
    Dedicated SSD for Win10

Realair Legacy v2 with dual Reality XP GTN 750's! (favorite addon of all time)

Untitled-4 by ryan b, on Flickr

A2A Bonazna

Untitled-1st by ryan b, on Flickr

A1R Yak-55M

Untitled-9 by ryan b, on Flickr

Baytower RV7/7A (seen here working in P3D v4.5)

RV7A_Rayfield by ryan b, on Flickr
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

I still miss the Saab Safir in P3D..
    FX12639
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    I still miss the Saab Safir in P3D..
    FX12639
    Yes...i would buy it again at full price plus more....

One of my twin favorites is the Milviz Cessna 310R

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

Single engine GA favorite: Carenado Pilatus PC-12

GA Twins: Alabeo Cessna 421 Golden Eagle; Realair piston Duke v2; Carenado Piper Cheyenne III
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

members+
    Fighter Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Single engine GA favorite: Carenado Pilatus PC-12

GA Twins: Alabeo Cessna 421 Golden Eagle; Realair piston Duke v2; Carenado Piper Cheyenne III
    How is the FPS on the ALabeo 421? I stayed away from it after Carenado's 340 II had some minor, but noticeable frame rate issues.

Nice pics folks!
    Taildragger Pilot

Keep on Flyin'

Ryzen 5 2600
    RX 580 8GB DDR5 OC Armor
    8 GB DDR4 2400
    Dedicated SSD for Win10

C421 frames are fine and it's big step up over the C340 which is now hangared.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Fav biplane

Fav business class...

Fav warbird!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails stingray 2.jpg  
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Still one of my favs. And it's an FS9 model!

(now, if only someone could convert this to FSX standards...)

A.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wilga 4.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0