WOTR Problem

Thread: WOTR Problem

WOTR Problem

So......just purchased and installed WOTR and right out of the gate I get a Exception/Game terminated prematurely Msg. Anyone else have this issue

Nope, been running just fine since I got it, even with the updates, have had no problems with it shutting down like that.

Well, I didn't install DX9 (thought I already had it) so I did that, now it hangs up at the runtime screen

SOH-CM-2020
    hi Flamingskull, have you installed the VBR runtimes, etc, in the WOTR toolbox?

If you are running Win10 as your OS, a few people (including me) have been having some problems getting separate installs to run. The latest update is the prime suspect because otherwise everything was running fine before...

I had more success after uninstalling GEForce Experience. But really in the dark as to the specific issue.

I'm running Windows 7. I'm going to look in the toolbox and give that a shot!

Did it, now it wants me to send them log files......

Quote Originally Posted by Daiwilletti View Post
    hi Flamingskull, have you installed the VBR runtimes, etc, in the WOTR toolbox?

If you are running Win10 as your OS, a few people (including me) have been having some problems getting separate installs to run. The latest update is the prime suspect because otherwise everything was running fine before...

I had more success after uninstalling GEForce Experience. But really in the dark as to the specific issue.
    I got rid of GEforce Experience also, not because of problems with WOTR, but it was messing with other games I use.

Wotr

Thanks for submitting this post.

I have installed WOTR with the newest updates.

It loads to " runtime" then it stalls and goes back to Desktop or a dialogue box appears saying CFS3 not working.

Where do I contact some one to get a simple answer?

I do not want to read pages of "Technical Info" but a simple site where my simple question is answered ?

That's all I want!

I have reached a point where this has been a waste of money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Go here http://www.simhq.com/ go to their forums and there is a section for WOTR. Maybe you can find answers there. Hope this helps. Regards,Scott

The problem is not in the game itself. There is a dll in yourx64 system folder, that runs and causes the problem. It has to be renamed to something else. But go to this page, there is a fix for it, its a small bat file to dl. Will do the renaming of the dll for you. Guys have said it fixed their problem which is just like the one we are talking about here.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzm...1iRnV2S0k/view

That's the link for the bat file, just dl it, run it as the Administrator, and see if it helps get this game going again for you. Maybe it will help me get CFS3 up and running again, because the dll was keeping it from starting for me. Here is the page where the bat file is from

http://ubeogesh-things.blogspot.com/...lorer-aka.html

Check Compatability mode between WOTR/CFS3.....worked for me!

Members who have read this thread: 0