USS Valley Forge (CV-45) Korean war.zip

Thread: USS Valley Forge (CV-45) Korean war.zip

USS Valley Forge (CV-45) Korean war.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Ships

Description: USS Valley Forge (CV-45)

USS Valley Forge (CV/CVA/CVS-45, LPH-8) was one of 24 Essex-class aircraft carriers built during and shortly after World War II for the United States Navy. The ship was the first US Navy ship to bear the name, and was named after Valley Forge, the 1777–1778 winter encampment of General George Washington's Continental Army. Valley Forge was commissioned in November 1946, too late to serve in World War II, but saw extensive service in the Korean War and the Vietnam War. She was reclassified in the early 1950s as an attack carrier (CVA), then to an antisubmarine carrier (CVS), and finally to an amphibious assault ship (LPH), carrying helicopters and Marines. As a CVS she served in the Atlantic and Caribbean. She was the prime recovery vessel for an early unmanned Mercury space mission. After conversion to an LPH she served extensively in the Vietnam War. Valley Forge was awarded eight battle stars for Korean War service and nine for Vietnam War service, as well as three Navy Unit Commendations.

Although she was extensively modified internally as part of her conversion to an amphibious assault ship, external modifications were minor, so throughout her career Valley Forge retained the classic appearance of a World War II Essex-class ship. She was decommissioned in 1970, and sold for scrap in 1971.

For the models i changed all the arming (remove most AA gun and different numbers of normal guns),the bridge and many other things.
    The model will come in outfits for the timeline of Korean war with F-9F Panther on her deck.

Credits go to: I use the carrier from Collin Glendinning, with different changes from other authors.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Model of F-9F panther : Daisuke Yamamoto
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I used other freeware models from unknown authors for this too.

Surely all models i use are freeware. So please don`t use all the elements of this models/scenery in other way as freeware without the permission of all the designers.

I hope you will enjoy these model.

Klaus Nowak (aka klnowak in Sim Outhouse)
    21 July 2019
    klnowak@web.de

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit USS Valley Forge (CV-45) Korean war.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Thank You again

I found this yesterday after closing my FJ3 Fury thread looking for my next repaint project and taking a break. I've been having loads of fun doing CARQUALS on "Happy Valley" all afternoon. Going to try and add vLSO and see if he thinks I'm as good as IMHO I do. NOT!!! From past experience it's personal LOL! Anyway, here are a couple screenshots I took.

Taxi forward to parking, flying over for today.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails T-28C on  Valley Forge.jpg   T-28C Parked On Valley Forge.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 2