The Top Gun : Maverick Trailer Is Here

Thread: The Top Gun : Maverick Trailer Is Here

The Top Gun : Maverick Trailer Is Here

~yawn~ Another remake, another reboot. I'll wait for it to be on tv.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    ~yawn~ Another remake, another reboot. I'll wait for it to be on tv.
    Thought you were talking about Flight Sim 2019 for a moment there....

More of the same... different planes. Not real sure it'll be a blockbuster. In most cases, sequels are always a flop.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Let me fix the dialog...

"...Despite your best efforts, you refuse to die. You should be at least a senior F.O. at United or Southwest by now, yet here you are..."
    America never stopped being great.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    I am not a big Tom Cruise fan. I hope he dies in this one.

i only watch it for the great aerial sequences.

Quote Originally Posted by b52bob View Post
    Couldn't agree with you more.

The real fear I have is what awful music will be in the movie and hence will be blasted at airshows without letup.
    I dread more Kenny Loggins then I think of what else they might go with to bring in the young demographic and cringe even more.

Blog Entries
    Kind of a Jack Reacher in a flight suit kind of a thing.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    Kind of a Jack Reacher in a flight suit kind of a thing.
    Where's the like button???

Tom-Bloody-Cruise is no Jack Reacher..............he's way too small for starters.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Tom-Bloody-Cruise is no Jack Reacher..............he's way too small for starters.
    There is a split second shot of a Mustang. I wonder if the studio let him fly his in the movie? (Harrison Ford had a few battles to get to fly the Beaver in Six Days Seven Nights.)

Quote Originally Posted by nagpaw View Post
    Let me fix the dialog...

"...Despite your best efforts, you refuse to die. You should be at least a senior F.O. at United or Southwest by now, yet here you are..."
    Given Tom Cruise's age, that is where a real USN pilot would likely be.

Quote Originally Posted by b52bob View Post

i only watch it for the great aerial sequences.
    Wonder how much CGI will be used in this film? Back in the days of the original film, it was a lot of flying with real F-5's and F-14's.

Quote Originally Posted by joe bob View Post
    The real fear I have is what awful music will be in the movie and hence will be blasted at airshows without letup.
    I dread more Kenny Loggins then I think of what else they might go with to bring in the young demographic and cringe even more.
    Oh, dear! I hate that blaring, over driven, grossly overused music at air shows. I want to see, hear, and even smell the airplanes. If I want a Kenny Loggins 1980's fest, I'll wear headphones and listen to music.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Patterson View Post
    There is a split second shot of a Mustang. I wonder if the studio let him fly his in the movie? (Harrison Ford had a few battles to get to fly the Beaver in Six Days Seven Nights.)
    Given Tom Cruise's clout in Hollyweird, it's a good possibility.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Yes, Tom Cruise flew his own P-51K for some scenes in the movie, as did Steve Hinton Jr. The cockpit shots of Cruise and the other actors were filmed with them in the rear position in two-seat F-18's, going through real maneuvers, and with the actors of course trained and rehearsed with the proper appearance as though they are really in control of the aircraft as single-cockpit F-18's.

OT but it occurred to me that both the Jack Reacher films (featuring Tom Bloody Cruise) should be remade with David Boreanaz as Jack Reacher.
    Just a sideways thought!

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    OT but it occurred to me that both the Jack Reacher films (featuring Tom Bloody Cruise) should be remade with David Boreanaz as Jack Reacher.
    Just a sideways thought!

Who? Boreanaz? Easily, Elijah Wood! LOL
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Members who have read this thread: 0