Windows 10 FSX Installation Woes

Thread: Windows 10 FSX Installation Woes

Windows 10 FSX Installation Woes

Upgrading to Windows 10 on a brand new PC and installed FSX Deluxe box version, then SP 1 FSX install went okay, the installed SP2 and that's when it went off the rails. When I attempt to run the program I get the following message which by the way I get after installing SP2 on the Deluxe box version as well. Flight Simulator was unable to load some program files and will now exit. Please reinstall Flight Simulator to restore or repair program installation. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling to a separate drive and no joy. I've found that others have had this problem but can find no solution for the either versions of FSX. Any thoughts and possible solutions would be appreciated with free GAS product to whoever can offer a solution. Thanks

What I did was to defrag and restart between installing FSX and SP 1 and then again when installing SP 2...defrag and then restart. Hope that is some help to you.

Did you let it install to default, Program files ? I have read that this can be the cause of many installation issues, best is to creat a folder in your C:\ and guide the installation there, saves lots of troubles.
    Hope this helps:

Berlopez
    Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 v4 @ 2.10GHz 2.10 GHz
    Windows 10pro

Considering MS no longer supports FSX, yet when you install it on a new system it requires activation and that installing on modern operating systems, FSX Steam Edition is actually a better option. FSX Steam Edition also addressed some issues with FSX performance and out of memory problems.

If you insist upon using the older version of FSX, and even with the Steam Edition, I highly recommend not installing it to the default C:\Program Files (x86) directory. This directory falls under Windows UAC security and that can create issues for FSX or any program.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Members who have read this thread: 2