Installation Woes

Thread: Installation Woes

Installation Woes

Upgrading to Windows 10 and installed Steam client and then FSX SE install went okay but when I attempt to run the program I get the following message which by the way I get after installing SP2 on the Deluxe box version as well. Flight Simulator was unable to load some program files and will now exit. Please reinstall Flight Simulator to restore or repair program installation. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling to a separate drive and no joy. I've found that others have had this problem but can find no solution for the either versions of FSX. Any thoughts and possible solutions would be appreciated with free GAS product to whoever can offer a solution. Thanks

Are you running FSX and the Steam client "as administrator"?

Quote Originally Posted by vortex View Post
    Are you running FSX and the Steam client "as administrator"?
    Yes ruled that out as a solution path. Thanks

Do you have both the boxed and Steam editions installed?

Quote Originally Posted by vortex View Post
    Do you have both the boxed and Steam editions installed?
    Uninstalled both and reinstalled still get same error. Decided to leave FSX and FSXSE running on my Win 7 machine for purposes of model development and limited testing. Will be using P3D v4.5 as my primary simulator on my new Win 10 system going forward. Thanks though for giving my installation problems some thought and attempting to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Spad54 View Post
    Uninstalled both and reinstalled still get same error. Decided to leave FSX and FSXSE running on my Win 7 machine for purposes of model development and limited testing. Will be using P3D v4.5 as my primary simulator on my new Win 10 system going forward. Thanks though for giving my installation problems some thought and attempting to help.
    Just a final thought before you completely drop FSX:SE, did you just use the normal uninstall routine to remove them? If so, they can leave behind unused folders and a lot of rubbish in the registry for both versions which can confuse subsequent attempts to reinstall the software. It's worth reading through the following 2 links to ensure you have a complete uninstall of both versions then give just FSX:SE (the best and easiest to install version) a final try:

https://support.precisionmanuals.com...stall-fsx.aspx

https://dovetailgames.kayako.com/kno...-steam-edition

Members who have read this thread: 1