Top Gun II Trailer

Thread: Top Gun II Trailer

Top Gun II Trailer

Patrick

Will see if I can get a version for older operating systems
    I give up for now!

https://youtu.be/VbfC4lrNulE

This one works just fine!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Not on your system, I'm afraid:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=155927

Priller

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    I give up for now!

https://youtu.be/VbfC4lrNulE
    There's Sooooo much CGI in there.....I thought it was a Game too!!!!!

Patrick

I am afraid this is going to be as cringeworthy as the first one from a storyline pov. The flying sequences will probably be great.

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    I am afraid this is going to be as cringeworthy as the first one from a storyline pov. The flying sequences will probably be great.
    It might be fine as long as they don't bring back Kelly Mcgillis as the love interest!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	index.jpeg 
Views:	160 
Size:	9.1 KB 
ID:	70371
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Awesome! The flying sequences wil be really cool. Dunno about another volleyball scene though

I did not even know about this film being made. I must have watched the original about 80 times.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Cruise said at the San Diego Comic Con that all the flying sequences are real (other than Tomcat). My guess is that he means all Super Hornet squences are real... and that this movie is a "Love letter to Aviation".
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

For the most part I can see that, still the GBUs on the Rhino look CGI and they didn't seem to edit out the fact he is in the backseat.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Humph - if he "should be a 2-star by now", he would already have been retired, like it or not. He would get two successive looks, one year apart, for promotion from Captain (O-6) to 1-star. If not selected the second time - he's out.

The military is an up or out system, not a union hall. ("Not that there's anything wrong with that", to quote Jerry Seinfeld --)
    Last edited by Mike71; July 19th, 2019 at 12:23.

Unrestricted line O-6s are permitted by statute to "hang around" for 30 years if not promoted (so long as they stay out of trouble).

10 U.S. Code § 634: Mandates retirement for O6s not on a promotion list to O7 after 30 years of active commissioned service, except for certain officers in the Navy or Marine Corps who are either limited duty officers or permanent professors at the United States Naval Academy.
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

In fact, I have a friend that was promoted to O-6 at 28 years. He was forced to retire at 30 years and did not have sufficient time in grade to retire as an O-6...he retired as an O-5!

I had 18 years of service, less than 1 year time in grade and thanks to Clinton's RIF, I was able to retire as an O-5! Thanks Bill.
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

This is pretty good.

Patrick

Wow, again. Maybe the Lego Top Gun will come out first.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom88 View Post
    Worse? This reads like a nightmare ... hopefully they scrap this scene and get back to the roots! https://deadline.com/2021/08/top-gun...on-1234822515/

New Trailer
    Hopefully No more Delays

Patrick

From the few lines from the other characters in that second trailer, it seems like it's going to be pretty dumbed down.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    From the few lines from the other characters in that second trailer, it seems like it's going to be pretty dumbed down.
    ....But will You go see it??

Patrick

Interesting observation...at 1:57 in the newest preview, that's the back seat of an F-14, the real star of the first Top Gun!
    America never stopped being great.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom88 View Post
    ....But will You go see it??

Of course! But my expectations are low for story quality. Then, if it's amazing...it will blow my mind.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Members who have read this thread: 0